I Can Feel My Resolve Weakening

Honestly, it sounds like it’s not going to be to long until he’s shooting heroin. That will suck, but it will also make him hit bottom pretty quick and then hopefully he will be ready for recovery.

I hate to say it, but he’s a pretty good functioning addict. He goes to work everyday, comes home and plays with our kid. We do the family dinner thing. I think his body is so used to the oxy, he wouldn’t be able to function if he stopped. He used to hide it from me that he was a user and that caused more fights than me openly knowing he uses. I dont know if he’ll ever quit, I really don’t. I can’t tell him to stop, he has to want it of course. I just try to keep strong myself. Easier some days than others though that’s for sure.

Yeah that’s how I felt about my husband, functioning alcoholic. He would never get hung over and didn’t sleep much. But me on the other hand, I hate how it affects me.

Well I’m happy you’re staying strong for yourself and you’re still here posting and wanting to be sober. Hope things remain under control for him.

1 Like

I hope he finds a bottom. Don’t know if anything else will make him quit. He tells me great job and all on my sobriety, but it’s not impacting him at all. He needs to find rock bottom before he’ll quit. I had hoped I would inspire him, but nope.

Thanks. I just gotta separate myself from him sometimes. Day by day.

Yeah, I feel you on that. I have no idea how to help my husband tbh. We have horrible communication. Think mine would benefit from going to AA, but like you said, I can’t make him do anything.

1 Like

I hope it’s a high bottom then. Bc if not you should have a back up plan. I’m talking a place to go. A separate bank account and a stash of belongings he can’t touch. I went from “high functioning” to pawning and stealing in a matter of months.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea about having a back up plan. I have a separate savings, but I don’t contribute to it regularly. Tbh I don’t know what I’d do or go when/if he ever hits bottom. Something for me to think about for sure though…

You said it right on…I have no idea how to help my husband. Wish I did, but I don’t know what would make it click for him.

1 Like

You know honestly the way I deal with it is just the fact that I can’t financially support myself. He makes all the money and keeps a roof over my head. I dont have a job. That’s something I’ve thought about as I go about this job hunt is I want to find a job that pays enough so I can leave one day. I’m just kinda stuck at the moment. There’s not much connection these days. We’re more like roommates unfortunately.

1 Like