I cannot sleep...sober!

My third day sober as a judge after my longest binge of 4 months(after relapsing:/)
I simply cannot sleep. If anyone has any experience with this or any advice.? Big love

It’s normal sorry :hugs:
Your body is still adjusting without his doc. It will take a while before it’s normal. It depends of the amounts you were drinking/using and the period of time. You can help your body by taking a vitamin B complex, magnesium and maybe a melatonin supplement to help you sleeping.
If you use the :mag: button above you can find loads of treads about bad sleeping in the beginning of sobriaty and tips how to deal with it (like meditation apps, breathing apps, herb tea’s, etc)
Congratulations with your 3th day sober :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Well, three days! That’s something for sure! Yes- I understand sleeping can take sometime for your body to find a normal again. I never was a great sleeper so that’s just the norm for me. I’ve read a lot of folks take little naps when they can to help get through. The good news is if you give it enough time- your body will make a complete recovery along with your mind! Hang in there. Blessings to you.

1 Like

Thankyou guys I’m feeling better tonight weather or not I sleep. I’m just desperate to see how I feel after this hurdle is over!

I had the same problem for the first week or so. Now I’m 22 days sober it’s so much easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Hugs

2 Likes

I feel your pain, but I’m learning I’d rather just be tired than hung over.

3 Likes

Congratulations on 22days! It’s very hard its 5am in london still I’m awake . After 3 or 4 days it always got to much and then I’m triggered . Gotta stay at this!

That’s a very good way of looking at it :thinking:

I used Sleep Hypnosis on youtube, Sleep apps, Meditation apps. I couldn’t have did it without them in the beginning.

A week is a long time for your sleep mate but it gets better day by day gradually! …thinking back The lucid vodka nightmares I used to get would make my body scared of going to sleep. I still have dreams obviously inspired by me thinking about my sobriety in the day as we all do at some point if in recovery, I have them where loved ones and mates keep moving me on from wherever I’m drinking…random but i awake and those few seconds until I realise it’s a dream is horrible.

2 Likes

I listen to singing bowls and rain on YouTube. I suffer from insomnia and i have went 3-4 days on 5 hours of sleep but for some reason those videos but me in a deep sleep in under 30 minutes

1 Like

Hi @6dougy6, yes I’ve experienced the sleepless nights after months of binge drinking, usually takes my a week to actually get some sleep if I went cold turkey. That is very normal, the first 2 weeks are the hardest cos your body is getting rid of the toxins and going back to its normal self.

For that reason I have drank straight for 5 years cos I couldn’t handle that, but now that it’s been 6 months I don’t wish that detox on anyone.

For me drinking a lot of water and going for walks near the house helped and after couple of days I would do a little jog, whatever my body allowed, it felt like I was sweating the toxins out faster, n that helped me get back to my normal sleep schedule. N now I have the best sleep ever.

You got this, the best is yet to come, find somethings to keep you distracted, a good movie, or a book, or talking to some friends n just get your rest. N don’t forget the vitamins, take the vitamins. There is also a herb that truly helped me, called, Ashwagandha, you can get it on Amazon n that helps with the sleep cycle.

Anyways stay safe n healthy out there.
Would like to know in a day or so how things are going with you.
Thanks.