I cant beilive what i did

Im new to this app and sobriety so please bare with me lol. Im on day 1 as of now. I think im ready cause this has gone on way to far.

So i woke up this morning in a psych ward hungover and has no recelation on how i got there. Apparently i had way to much to drink and fist fought my uncle and really did a number on him. Hes 65 years old and has brain damage.(i know im a real p.o.s) but in my defense he started it…anyway alcohol has been no friend to me and this isnt the first time ive been told to go to aa. Ive jumped out in front of a car trying to commit suicide cause i was drunk one time. The numerous black outs and fits ive thrown cause i was drunk. Its like even after all that i still wanted to drink. Its like i couldnt stop even tho i knew i needed to. So today waking up after all this i think ive had enough. I know day 1 doesnt sound like much but it means alot. Im moving today but finding aa groups should be easy and i want a sponsor and all that jazz. If im forgeting something please let me know. I know this is a place where i will not be judged on what ive done but i also need to get it off my chest accept it and move on. So if your reading this thank you for the support.

8 Likes

Welcome here and welcome to your sobriety Dylan. Going to AA seems like a solid plan. Being here, reading, learning, sharing can be of big help too. And we all started with a day one. Success!

5 Likes

Thank you. Im just sick of this shit ya know. Always broke ,hungover, not remebering anything from the night before, im done i cant do it anymore but i do want support. Even if its just 1 reply its worth it to me and i thank u

3 Likes

Plenty of support here, stick around and read lots. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

You made the first 2 big steps. Realising you want to change this shit. And knowing you can’t do it alone. Again, AA can be a huge help for you. But maybe you need other help too. Like rehab maybe. There is plenty help available but it’s you that has to do the work. Which is not easy but so worth it. There’s plenty help here too. Hang around.

5 Likes

Don’t underestimate yourself day one is the most important day there is without it there can never be day 2,3,4, etc. But we never think that far ahead or it may seem overwhelming. Well done

3 Likes

Welcome. Congrats on starting your sober journey. We are all like minded individuals here around these parts. Everyone is addicted to something. My drug of choice was alcohol. I have 89 day ones. As others have said you have taken the first couple of steps by coming here and admitting you need help. Stay around, read and post when needed. The support here from others is second to none. Hit a meeting, find hobbies do what works for you. Don’t be a stranger. Know that we all have your back and are rooting for you. Best of luck.

3 Likes

Thank u so much guys for the support. I really need this. Much love to all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome, Dylan! These people are my biggest support, sometimes to the point of being a pain in my ass. :grin::laughing: It’s exactly what I need! Here I have found friends, some of those friends I love like a brother or sister. I’ve had accountability, which for this introvert is essential. I’ve had bad days and good days. I’ve been through a lot of growth and change, ups and downs, medication changes (drastic and small). I’ve had so much support it makes me want to scream from the rooftops!

Don’t be a stranger. We find ways to have fun as well, so you can unwind if things get intense. Fuck the past. All you have is today!

4 Likes

Hi and welcome Dylan 🙋
My advice? Write down how you feel right now. Within a few days/ weeks we alcoholics forget why we quit and that we can have just one.
We start to romantize our drinking, at least I did.
It helps to read back why you quit.

3 Likes