I can't believe the change in me

Not so long ago, I was sitting around crying, feeling sorry for myself. I felt like I was in a hole that I couldn’t get out of , and about 2 months ago I was put on antidepressants. I’ve felt totally useless the last few years, whenever I tried to better myself like starting a chefs diploma in college, or even doing something relatively simple like using a sewing machine, I’ve given up because my concentration had been so bad that I couldn’t wrap my head around anything. Even things like riding my exercise bike, I didn’t use because a) I was demotivated, and b) I was hungover or pissed. Since I’ve stopped drinking, I’ve been on it nearly every day, and I’m happy to say that I’ve applied for an access to higher education course in engineering, probably won’t start till next September but I’m still excited :grin:. Might even see the doctor about getting off those antidepressants! It’s so nice to feel proud of myself, wish I listened to people all those years ago.

12 Likes

Sounds like you’re getting on track. That is a wonderful thing for you. Keep it up.

3 Likes

I love it when the pieces start falling together as the haze and destruction of alcohol are lifted. Keep moving forward! You should be very proud of yourself.

4 Likes

Thanks :grin: , I hate alcohol more as each day passes. I look back and think ugh, who was that person?

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Stay the course. We are always here if you need support/advice and we all got your back! The sky’s the limit. Keep up the good work!

1 Like