I can't seem to stay clean

I can’t seem to stay clean. I go 3 days relapse, 5 days relapse, 7 days relapse. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Afterwards I am always so mad at myself but then I seem to do it again. It makes no since. and I don’t just do it when I’m bored or whatever. I could be completely busy or working and have a thought about using and just stop what I’m doing and get high. What can I do when I think about doing it … so I won’t do it???right now i am 4 days clean again and I’m thinking about using I want to but I don’t at the same time. Does anyone have any advice about what to do when I get a craving? I don’t want to keep relapsing. But I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. B

1 Like

clean from drink or drugs? are you getting any clinical support?

I am on methadone. And I use herion

Get out of your own head…someone said on here that when our brain is busy instead of our hands, we’re walking in dangerous territory.
http://www.discoveryplace.info/quit-heroin-comprehensive-guide-heroin-recovery

1 Like

That’s your problem. Methadone… :face_with_thermometer:. I am a heroin addict as well. I was taking 175mg every morning and I could use unthinkable amounts of blk. Kicking dope sucks, but the Methadone was hell. My bones ached like from the inside, and it lasted almost 2 months. I was sober from opiates since August of 2012. In July of 2015, just getting released i decided to stop by my ol buddy’s house. Got allot to bring with me on the bus since where i was going it cost too much to keep a habbit. I needed money. I fixed once, was fine. Bus was delayed so I had to wait in the bus station. Halfway home, about 2 more hours, I decided to fix again since my partners religious brother was picking me up. I remember messing around with my phone for about 45 minutes then I took a nap. Well, that was almost my last nap. I was unresponsive and barely breathing when the bus arrived. This was the first OD that scared me cause it shouldn’t have happened. I was fine. We’ll got caught with 4 grams. So, they took me straight to jail. Was clean all the way up until Christmas. I hurt my knee at work and let the ER IV me with morphine. Then let them write me a prescription for Norco and Diloudid. There is only one way to get high off Diloudid, and it’s a good high. I relapsed for a month. Got pretty bad at the end. Up to a 3 gram a day habbit. Crazy to say, but I kicked the dope with 3 Suboxone. Now I’m on something called Vivatrol. It’s a miracle drug. Don’t help with th detox, but I have no craving or urge to use. I wish I knew, or the doctors knew, about this in 2011. I tried suboxone in 2009. I was over prescribed which i think caused the depression. They were still pills back then. I was taking 34 mg a day. I think most doctors now days try to keep the max around 20. Methadone works, prevents the sickness. Increases your tolerance. I despise Methadone now, hate it. Taper off slowly my friend, probably rather kick dope. Check out Vivatrol though, its an Antabuse as well so alcohol is out too. But, if it takes me getting this shot once a month for the rest of my life, to stay away from my demon. Then that’s what it takes.

3 Likes

ok so same as me except im trying to slowly come off methadone and every time i miss my dose i get so sick im like forced to use in order to not lose my job, i did 2 weeks then woke up late so have to start over. but i do really think that if you keep strong and chugging along youll kick the habit i think anyone can if you really want to, have you tried using the support available to you like counselling, clinic etc

oh yeah i have advice for you for cravings to prevent relapases in no particular order

1. go for a walk and leave your phone/wallet at home try going somewhere scenic for a cigaraette, your mind starts to wander on the walk and your not enitrely fixated on getting a fix
  2. talk to someone that you can be honest to, call or visit someone and tell them you want to use (not someone thats going to discourage this)
  3. smoke a joint of weed, i know it soujds bad to say it here but really it helps with the withdrawls and its better than scoring h
  4. increase your methadone, your usinf AND your on methadone that means the methadone isnt working and yourr going to get sick and cravings when your not using for now at least til you stabalise you need to up the methadone and then its important that you DONT USE whilst taking it or you have to up it again and its a really horrible drug (not as ba as smack but its up there)
  5. go to meetings/ counselling. theres nothing wrong with you being unable to stop especially if your doing it alone but help can really hell before you end up dead or in prison (sorry for cold truths)
  6. sex is a great distraction
  7. cinema also great (also leave phone at home and just take enough cash fo the film)
  8. being creative, for me writng about how evil heroin is and what its done to my life really keeps it away from me
  9. keep telling yourself how awful needles are, how much agony itnis in an artery, the infections, the dangers of hittig a nerve im or losing a limb or OD until you become anxious/afraid to use needles then at least if you do fuck up and score your smoking it instead of shoooting

anyway inreally hope this helps i mean you gota find what works for you and i probbaly missed out a bunch of stuff (i find pizza and choc helps too) but yeah good luck its ofteb the best people this drug sucks up so lets take control and fight the fucking thing because we are not slaves right :wink: best of luck x

1 Like

@Dan_Alexander its also a liquid and a medicine and it dont get you high when your an addict id say the only way ts better than h is no injecting and its free

1 Like

Yeah. I started liquid for about 6 months then found a doc to prescribe me. Ain’t no joke. The doc just told me methadone detox is by far the worst. Then suboxone. So just kicj the dope

1 Like

I have the same issue