I deleted the app

I was sober for almost a month, then I started to have a the odd glass here and there. Thought I had it all under control and even deleted this app because I thought I didn’t need it anymore. Friday night, I had more than a couple glasses I was up til 4 in the morning drinking back to my old ways. Why is it we always convince ourselves that having a couple of drinks will be fine?! Anyways, I’m starting from scratch again!

10 Likes

I have this same problem I also deleted the app thinking I was better. But relapsed.

2 Likes

Moral of the story is, we shouldn’t delete the app!! Onwards and upwards though tomorrow is another day :blush:

5 Likes

Its like dating an ex bf or gf that you broke up with. Over time your brain lets you remember the good things easily, you have to try and think harder to remember the bad.
Your brain doesn’t let those negative memories come back so easy, as to how you can sprial downward so fast after having just one or 2 drinks.

I’ve never personally only been able to have 1 or 2. Ive never even wanted one or 2. I wanted to get wasted every time. I make sure i dont forget that! Every time i think i can control it, i need to remember that i can’t.

Even when i knew i needed to get to bed for work the next day, or whatever and shouldn’t have had another…i still finished all the beer or vodka in the house.

7 Likes

So true I am glad init on my own my

Been there…done that.

1 Like

20 days sober and got wasted last night, so reset my timer. I was so proud of 20 days and I was feeling so great but now I’m sitting here feeling like crap with a hangover and feeling like a total failure. I just don’t get it. Nothing about drinking last night was worth it.

1 Like

Here’s what some dudes in the 1940s had to say about it…

7 Likes

Unfortunately for many, just a phone app isn’t good enough, myself included. Although this app is a good place to vent or talk with anonymity, it doesn’t compare to face to face interaction at meetings or smart recovery. Do you go to any of these? Are you working an actual program? A majority of the time, promising abstinence isn’t enough. If just putting it down isn’t working, perhaps it’s time to seek somthing that does?

2 Likes

I did the same thing… relapsed, deleted the app and downloaded again today. The important thing is not to give up. IMG_2854

2 Likes

I did the same thing. Was sober for 6 days, and then decided to have a few glasses of wine. I deleted the app thinking that was fine, but fast forward one week later and last night I was up until 3am drinking and now I feel horrible and wasted my day off doing nothing. I’m back now, I’m determined to not give up!

3 Likes

Hello :blush: . First drink do the damage no 5 or last … you wont get drunk never if you wont pick up the drink . You are an alkocholic that is illnes , you cant drink like a normal person as you cant control your drinking . I know is very hard but only one solution for you is to get to meeting AA . I know what im talking about as i been relapsing all the time . I thought i could manage myself my drinking but had to go with my drinking to this stage that i was on my knees begging gor help . Only program 12 steps can help you . I didn’t belive that i can go without alcochol few day …program AA did it i dont even think about drink ,no desire , i can go out and sit next to drinking people and its doesnt bother me this any more :blush:you know what my life changed 100% i love my life . Its miracle for me do not thinking about alcochol. Just dont pick up first drink :blush:and AA will tell you how to do it :grinning:good luck xx

1 Like

The first drink is toxic, always best to walk away rather than deal with the self loathing and guilt the next day . Disappointing yourself is the worst feeling in the world

3 Likes

I did the same. Thought I was fine. One odd glass turned into 3 days this past week of heavy drinking, ignoring responsibilities and loooots of self loathing and guilt.

1 Like

After enough attempts like you described, personally I finally realized I just can’t have any ever again and I dug in my heels and got through the first month which is hard as hell. On day 52 today and I know if I ever go back I will continue to have to go through the very difficult task of the first few months without. One day at a time don’t think of forever as it is too much but once you get to about 3 months maybe earlier maybe later you will see how much greater life is without any alcohol and without the obsession of thinking about alcohol. Never give up!! :heart: