I did it, i made it through the weekend

Today is Sunday morning and i am so proud of myself for making it through my first weekend sober, it wasnt easy but so worthit,luing in my bed feeling so grateful i have no hangover or regrets from he weekend, thanks for listening, this app helps alot…i dont feel so alone in this as much

39 Likes

Yes! That’s the big one Tasha. We’re in this together and we can’t do it alone. Huge congrats on making it to Sunday morning sober. Let’s build on that. One day at a time. Big hugs.

7 Likes

Well done for your first weekend. Thats a massive achievement! Whenever i wake up on a sunday its always a massive relief to have got another friday saturday over and done with!

5 Likes

Congratulations! Those first few humps are actually the hardest. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

So glad to hear and happy for you!! It is such a good feeling!!!

2 Likes

Congrats! Weekends ars tough when a person is early in sobriety…

3 Likes

Amazing :clap: The happiennss if wakening up at the weekend sober when your circle is all hungover it makes you more proud keep it up :muscle:

2 Likes

YES!!! What a lovely way to wake up (regret and hangover free). Congrats on making it through the weekend! This is huge! :clap: You definitely are not ALONE here.
Stick around and together we can keep growing the sobriety days.

3 Likes

Great job! Starting can be tough, but it gets easier. Keep going. You’re doing great!

Congrats…weekends can be buggers. I just made it through my 5th and it was a bit rough…Sunday at least. I had the worst cravings yesterday than I’ve had since my first week. I had a very busy morning and early afternoon, but a very lazy/loungey late afternoon/evening. We had some passing thunderstorms late afternoon that brought a bit of rain and cooled everything down to a gorgeous 72* and that crispness in the air made me long for a sit on the patio with a G&T but I prevailed.

2 Likes

I cant help but feel like this first weekend was just too easy… like that was not the hardest… but I will deal with the cravings or urges when they come. For now, I just wana stay grateful that I am trying…again.

1 Like

Great job. Those first days remind me of starting a diet and heading back to the gym. Once I start I’m good it’s just those first few weeks of getting up at 4/30am to but the gym. But once it becomes habit it’s hard to stop.

I never was a day drinker. I even went to bars at lunch and never drank even when I was drinking. I was a night and weekend drinker. I decided to make my nights shorter by getting up early so when I got home from the kids sports there was zero time to drink. Weekends I planned stuff Saturday and Sunday mornings I knew that did not want to do hungover.

Identify where your weakness lies and plan or be so tired you have zero energy to drink.

This board was essential to my sobriety. I didn’t want to let people down the first few months.

3 Likes

Let’s make it thru this coming weekend together and sober again!!!

3 Likes

Thank you for this, It makes so much sense and I am going to give it a try

1 Like

That’s so good. I have 15 days… i had 5 days and drank… this last time really scared me, didn’t see any way out. It’s true what they say about EVERYTIME getting harder.
Thought I was going to have to go into rehab. Ugh… not really an option for me.
Instead, I turned to my AA ladies…
And listening to the AA book. It really explains a lot about OUR alergy.
ONE taste of alcohol and your body goes into craving OVERLOAD.
CONGRATULATIONS to you. Huge Hugs

@Tasha1984 how are you doing? Hoping that youve been able to conquer another weekend. This is a long weekend for most so please do reach out if any urges arise

Hey, its been difficult but Thank you for this message, it helps when people are actually checking in and think of me. I am still going strong…welll not always strong but still doing ok

1 Like

Its so good to hear from you and know you are still in this fight.
The beginning is super hard so hopefully youve got your tools of sobriety ready to help you when you get urges.
I find it super helpful to be overly active on this site as a distraction and also for my education.
Reach out whenever youd like - wishing you the best on tgis journey
I do believe you are 1/2 way to your 1st 30 days. You are stronger than your addiction and can conquer :muscle:

1 Like