I didn't make it

I made 11 Nights then caved. I read a post about being a heavy drinker v alcoholic. I know I’m an alcoholic because I look for an excuse to drink. Fuck it. I need to start again. Fuck.

Update. I’ve just reset and wanted to thank you all for your messages. I feel really awful for drinking last night but I also feel really determined to make it further than 11 nights this time. Thanks again my friends.

31 Likes

Hey, it sucks, I know, I’ve been there, but you were sober for 11 days! That’s pretty cool! Let’s try it again.

4 Likes

I feel like shit. Thank you for being there. Day one again tomorrow.

2 Likes

Day one again is better then not starting! It takes strength and courage to pick yourself up again! Remember that! Falling sucks but we can always start again :wink:

5 Likes

There are worse things to be than an alcoholic. At least we can control our disease with abstinence AND life in sobriety is pretty damn good.

6 Likes

Don’t be too hard on yourself. When this happens you just learn from it. Recognize what it was that led u to take a drink. What was the thought process leading up to it? And you will be more prepared for triggers when they present themselves the nxt time. I know it sucks but try to learn from this and start over :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day one will have to start from tomorrow. I’m going to hit restart from around 9pm. That’s when I really start to drink. I hate myself for needing to start again.

3 Likes

I was sober for 6 years and yet here I am I’m day 2 sober hang in there

12 Likes

Hi Melanie. Welcome here. 6 years is a great stretch. I’d love to hear about your sobriety at some point if you’d like to share. Glad your here.

1 Like

Reset brother,. just reset and remember the reasons you are fighting to stay sober.

2 Likes

Failure is a necessary part of sobriety. I haven’t met a single person who hasn’t tried to give up their drink or drug of choice on many occasions before it actually stuck. Learn from your mistakes. Identify and work on your triggers and go again. If you get to 12 days next time you still did better. Good luck.

2 Likes

11 days is a big deal. One day at a time…

1 Like

I will when I get home after work thank you very much for the greeting

It totally sucks. But you can do it. And it’s such a great feeling when you do! I had to start over… A couple of times. But no more. I’m doing it this time. You can too! Day 1 is 1 day closer. You got this.

4 Likes

Relapse it dont have to be a part of recovery, however it is a part of reality, it happens. What is Important is that ya pick urself up dust off and start again. Ya were honest about it, not only to urself but to others, its not an end its a learnen slip, what ever happen to cause ya to slip is now ur red flag, a learned event that ya will recognize and avoid in the future. Some have a few learnen events before they learn to recognize the red flags that cause us to relapes. The important thing is ya move forward and never stay down, there is always the helpen hand of the program there to help ya to ur feet when ya dont feel strong enough urself, all ya have to do is reach out. Remember ur Never Alone.

2 Likes

So I had lost my kids for 2 years got sober for 6 years I started drinking wen I lost my dad when I was 14 then things got worst when I lost my first son when I was 21 then started working in healthcare loved my job soooo much that I became a workaholic then things went down the drain had a burn out that’s wen I got sober did odd jobs then went back into working in the healthcare system and you know the rest

What are you going to do differently this time @Tracey so you can get past that day 11?

I’m glad you’re back.

That heavy drinker Vs alcoholic post was highly inappropriate. Now that you have the experience under your belt, use it as strength for next time.

Never let someone tell you what you are about.

You are going to get tested by the attitudes of others as you walk this path, and it’s because you are going against mass-advertising and against herd mentality that drink is good.

I personally believe that post was self- enabling for them, it’s so unfortunate that it caused collateral damage.

1 Like

I really don’t know. It was a bank holiday weekend and I’d been sober until last night, I just thought, to hell with it and then my favourite wine was on offer, the stars aligned. It’s pathetic really, only he other night I was saying on here that I didn’t want to start from day one again because it’s so hard. My hangover is awful today. I’m going to go into detail about that in my journal. I hadn’t started exercise as part of my recovery, so that’s my focus this week and hopefully I can keep going.

2 Likes

I can’t really blame that post, I was looking for a reason to drink last, it was a bank holiday, my favourite wine was on offer. Pathetic really. Thank you so much for replying to me. This group is amazing. Im going to hit the reset button and focus again.

1 Like