I didnt think it would be this hard

For almost a week now Ive been avoiding any sugar and sweets, but what do you know. I just woke up today feeling depressed so i skipped all my classes and just got wasted and then ate so much i threw up. Again. I dont know how to just let go. I hate myself for having depression, for suffering from bulimia. I hate that its not how its supposed to be. I’m so lonley because no one knows. Not even my parents
How to get better, and start living like A normal person? Like im supposed to be living, just enjoying studying on one of The jest Academy in my country, having friends, partying…
I dont know where else to find help. My doc is giving me more meds, i go on therapy. What more should I do to just live?

3 Likes

Firstly, well done for sharing on here. Secondly, talking to people helps. Talking to your family and letting them know what’s going on may be a relief and will help you to heal. For me, when I decided to tell my family I felt the knot it my chest loosen. Don’t get me wrong, I’m far from being free of this. I’m only in day 5 but talking and having support definitely is helping. Good luck and we’re all here. You’re not alone

4 Likes

days can be bad. on a bad day its so easy to just call it and isolate.

i found myself moving a friend out of her home today. the whole day i found myself fighting what goes on in my head

moving my friend out was pretty tough. me, being mislead by my day called it eairly. she pulled out 30 dollars and gave me a hug. i tried to give the 30 back but she wouldnt take it. she said kid your covered in sweat, take it. so i took it and went on my way.

i regret not staying till it was finnished

my bad day could have been better. next time my bad day will hopfully remind me,i can do and make it better.

now im home safe and comfy, and my day is over.

im just happy to be home safe and warm :slight_smile:

tomorrow will be ok
you will be ok

I know how it feels to feel like no one kniws your troubles bc you don’t tell them. But the worst thing you can do is isolate. the only way that you’re going to get better is if you admit that what you’re doing is wrong and tell somebody whether it be a friend or a family member. Our addictions become obsolete once exposed. They no longer have control over us once we tell on them. If you really want help, tell your mom. Dad. Friend. Tell them you need their help. I know its not easy but once you do it its out there! You got this!

1 Like

Thank you guys, this place, your support really makes me feel more calm about this.
@Teapots @Quincig @anon24965225 I know it does not help to isolate When it all started year ago I told them, and never have I felt more safe and relieved. I had remision and Im back on antidepressants and with my ED. I think that if i told them, it would break their hearts, because they might feel, like they are powerless, which they are, because Im adult and responsible for myself now.

1 Like

Hey darling…
Maybe read about low dose naltrexone… google.
Its so good.
Im on it
No side effects

As a mom to an adult child, I can tell you our hearts break a lot and that we are still okay. Our love doesn’t change, it stays constant. I always want to know what is going on with my daughter and feel proud and happy when she shares her life with me, even the struggles. If you feel it is safe to do so, then as a mom, I support you telling your parents, if it will help lighten your load. You do not have to do this alone. I also suggest checking at your university for any ED recovery groups.

Sending hugs. :heart:

1 Like

But this one is for alcohol addicton. Not buli.

1 Like

@Samsara for now Im on brintellix and Small dose of some kind antipanic drug

No its not
Its low dose naltrexon
Dont confuse with the regular dose
Its for repairing your endorfine system.
Also for buli x

1 Like

@SassyRocks Unfortunatly my university has no such support. My town also. Every meeting is very expensive and I couldn’t manage to pay with my own money.

I havent heard of this. Maybe I’ll ask my doctor next time I see him

1 Like

Sorry to hear this.

Ah, I didn’t know. Do you need a receipt from a doctor though?

1 Like

Heyy my friend. I hope your ok.

Message me anytime :slight_smile:

Dont give up. I wont either.

I know its hard, trust me i know.

Keep trying. Your doing amazing

1 Like