I don't wanna chase that dragon

So long story short I’ve been using Adderal and meth for over 5 years, I got to the point when I turned 19 and was selling myself for cash or rocks to catch that dragon. In 2016 I got clean for 3 months. I relapsed on my birthday last year after those three months passed. And didn’t find sobriety again until April 29th 2017. I relapsed on June 6th and havent been able to stop trying to catch that stupid dragon since. Today I’m a little over 6 hours clean. I’m fight the demon this left inside me with as much faith in God as I possibly can so thought feeling guilty. Any advice on how to shut the piece of trash evilness inside me off?

1 Like

There’s meetings out there like aa or na they are very helpful in our recovery. Relapsing is very tough, it takes alot out of us mentally and physically. I quit meth 4 years ago it is possible, but with help is much easier.

3 Likes

Invite a friend over who doesn’t use. Watch movies and eat yummy food chill out. On those days or nights you feel like it. You want to use if that person doesn’t.

1 Like

Don’t hang out with people who use. That’s helped me a lot. Makes it further apart each time I use. I know I’m getting stronger each time I try to stop. And come on this app too. Go for a walk when cravings come. Go to the movies. Do anything that makes it harder for you not to do it. It helps with cravings. But you already know this. I know it can be hard! I’m struggling too. That’s why I’ve been on this app heaps over the w.e. Goodluck.

1 Like

It took cutting everyone out of my life to stop. I’m going on a little over 4 months clean. It is possible you just have to be strong and tell yourself it’s all in your head find a NA

2 Likes

You know as well as I do, that it has been a long time since you have even seen the dragon, let alone caught it. I know the game. I lived it for almost a decade. After a while it becomes impossible to actually catch it and if you ever did, it would surely mean death. You need to consider what you are doing all of this for and hold onto it with all of your might. Withdraws suck, do you really want to keep repeating the same cycle.
‘If you are going through hell, keep going.’
-Winston Churchill

2 Likes

Keep yourself busy… yea AA is good . But it’s not for everyone I tried it … it wasnt for me. But go running. Jog… . Do something u like so u won’t think of the drug monster… he won’t come around if u don’t give him the time of day…