I f@&$); did it! đź‘Ź

I had my first external work event since the pandemic. These events always include drinks and I was given a drink ticket but ordered a club soda with lime.

This is the first time I think EVER that I did not drink at one of these events. I am always one of the first ones with a glass in my hand, wow! The best part, I still had a great time, networked, and even better…drove home completely sober!

I was a little sad that I didn’t have anyone to share my excitement with. I really need to find friends in recovery.

44 Likes

Congrats!

I’ve always felt the drive home after an event like that, knowing you haven’t drank is one of the best experiences.

Especially if everyone else was hitting it hard and you know they’re all going to be under the weather tomorrow :joy:

3 Likes

Nice! The best thing about being at a networking event sober is when others get a few drinks in them, they start talking; a lot of useful information can be gathered :shushing_face:

You don’t need the approval of others that’s just your ego talking, the same ego which used to convince you that you were better off with alcohol. Give yourself a huge pat on the back bc you’ve done this for you and you deserve it :+1::grin:

Amazing!! Congrats. Huge accomplishment

Well done, great job!! :clap:t2::clap:t2::ok_hand:

Great job Lulu.
We’re proud of ya.
:pray::heart:

Way to go!! That is a huge step and something to be proud of!!!

200 (13)

1 Like

Yay you!!! Awesome job!! Great success… We are your cheerleaders here so stop in anytime for a virtual hug or pat on the back​:clap::clap:

Well Done!!

Do you find having something that is similar to an alcoholic drink helps you cope with your changes you’re making?

I’m usually more of a beer or wine drinker. I find the seltzer water is interesting and keeps me satisfied but I never really drank it with alcohol as a normal thing. It was definitely refreshing I felt like versus plain water.

1 Like

Awesome we still call have fun sober it’s a different kind of party, clean and sober party something I didn’t understand before because I thought it’s was more funnier high, I’m no different from the other people just clean and sober to today