I feel like a heffa , need to stop binge eating

Need some support in this area. I’m 215 pounds I’m usual 180 … I feel huge and ugly today. Hating my body , I dont get it . I think being plus size is so sexy and attractive but I feel gross past 200… sometimes I’m super confident today isn’t that day. Gonna have a liquid diet for 24 hours. I know it’s not healthy but it will help my brain control my self , back on my fitness pal. Wish me luck

8 Likes

Good luck!

There’s a thread here with a bunch of people who are working on keeping their weight at a level that works for them, if you want to check in there:

3 Likes

I feel this too girl. Wish I could help with some advice but I’m still learning myself on how to get back on track :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The only unhealthy liquid is alcohol. Nothing wrong with a 24 hour fast.

Walking is the best overall exercise. No special equipment required, not overly taxing on joints and heart, and not so strenuous that it overly stimulates appetite.

2 Likes

Youtubing water diet … fast whatever you wanna call it.
I’m blown away at the comments how long people have gone and how fkn amazing the look and feel … I’m so down with this.
Has anyone else did a water diet/fast?

4 Likes

Each is too there own haha
That mentality got me to 215 pounds lmao

Iv tried Intermittent fasting, its suppose to be really good at the same time as the keto diet.
No need to put yourself through suffering there are many different types of intermittent fasting, where you can choose wht suits you without totally depriving yourself of nutrients :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have gone 32 hours and then failed. I felt like I was going to pass out :frowning:

2 Likes

Over the years I did all kinds of eating methods. There is no one best. Some work better than others for different people, or even at different times in one’s life.

I did keto before it was cool and it was awesome, though its not something that works great for me right now. If you do it try to avoid a lot of the pre-made stuff that is available now. After a while intermittent fasting pairs great.

Water diet can make sense sometimes, especially if your body has lots of extra stored energy (i.e. fat). Check out Jason Fung. Great resource for fasting.

Best of luck to you.

3 Likes

I’ve fasted for 3 days a bunch of times, and once went 7 days. The 7 day was actually easier. I wasn’t doing it for weight loss though. It was a faith/spiritual thing.

2 Likes

I’d be cautious of any fasting or fad diet. They are generally short term band aids to long term problems. They are not sustainable and often cause more problems later on. In the end weight loss comes down to two things. Calories in and calories out. Portion control and balance are the easiest methods to cut down intake. Exercise, especially low impact cardio, is a great way to increase calories out.

Personally, I use my fitness pal to track food. I read labels and eat smart. I’m down 50 lbs, am able to maintain the loss and can still enjoy the foods I like to eat.

8 Likes

I am no skinny individual…I have tried diets, fads, ect. The best I feel is when I eat from the perimeter of the grocery store…all fresh…I have taught my self how to scratch cook…now, I could do it a whole lot healthier…However, I have eliminated so many preservatives and chemicals that come from processed food, I feel better.

6 Likes

50lbs is awesome! Congrats!

I would agree with quite a bit of this, though I’m no longer a believer of the simple calories in/out method (which I was taught in the many nutritional classes i took in college).

It is true about fad diets, but a well formulated keto or low carb diet is sustainable, and especially useful for people who have insulin resistance issues. It is not, and should not, be used by everyone. Fasts can also be useful (again, i suggest looking at Dr. Fung’s work on this).

All this should be done with lots of research and book reading, not just glancing at a few websites or comments online. But also I would say don’t disregard anything out of hand without doing your own research.

Also agree with the low impact exercise for weight loss. Some resistance/strength training is a good idea. Losing weight is about 80% food and 20% exercise. I was wrapping up an exercise science degree before I took a sabbatical due to lockdowns, and some classmates and I used to joke that eating well will make you look good, and working out will make you look good naked. :laughing:

In the end, men and women will differ in their ability to drop fat. If a method of eating doesn’t work, try something else. Cutting chemicals and the like as @Thirdmonkey mentioned is also excellent. Remember, @EastVanNikki , you didn’t put weight on over night, so don’t try to drop it over night. Small changes over time can produce life long lasting results.

(Also sorry for the book. I’m just very passionate about nutrition and exercise :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: )

8 Likes

Haha thank you for the long book, ur bang on.

2 Likes

I recommend replacing hunger cravings with exercise. Exercise can make you more hungry but can also curb your hunger cravings. I do a lot of running to help with my sobriety. There is an app called “couch to 5k”. It’s phenomenal for starting out, if that’s something your interested in trying! My overall mental and physical health is improved with exercise.

5 Likes

If you look on youtube under “beginner exercises for home” there’s some good videos for starters. Making smoothies at home is good too; I’ll put protein powder, half a banana, frozen fruit and sometimes oatmeal or baby spinach if I’m really hungry. It’s good and takes the hunger pains away, lol.

2 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself, we’ve all been through it. Recognize your vices (sugar, soda, carbs) and treat them like accordingly, in moderation. And yes, excersize is a necessity. Nothing extreme, start by walking and progress at your own pace.
I was over 200 lbs. due largely in part to my daily consumption of ipa’s and ramen. Soberiety has given me the will to live and I traded my addiction to health and fitness, losing 50 lbs. I guess what I’m getting at is, I’m the epitome of " if I can do it, anyone can do it".
Dieting is not fun, instead consider a lifestyle change, you have already done it with alcohol.
Consider a shot of apple cider vinegar and tumeric to your daily routine, works wonders.

4 Likes

I wanted to add something to my last comment. When I have up drugs I wanted to quit smoking and quit overeating as though we’re my replacements. However, giving yo so much at once was too hard on me. I accepted that quitting one thing at a time was enough. I have been sober for a month and a half. I only quit smoking 3 days ago and my eating is so so. 1 battle at a time if we want to be successful. Also, I am 1000% rooting for you!!!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing
I cant do the water diet in this heat.
I also just bought a vape … to mich at once :100:
I’m proud of you and rooting for u also msg me anything

2 Likes

True beauty comes from within you. Your soul and your spirit which in essence imminates from your inner core and glistens throughout your body and radiates through your eyes. That is why they say the eyes are the window to the soul the very essence of your being. Keep the faith one day at a time.

1 Like