I feel like giving up

Things are getting harder, I feel like my first 30 days when I didn’t think I could do this anymore. I really miss alcohol. I went t a AA meeting and felt better but now I’m dwelling on my feelings all over again. I’m getting to the point where I’m having suicidal thoughts. Please someone advise me on how to get these cravings to go away!

Hey…good on you for coming here…a few questions:

Where are you located?
Have you been going to meetings lately?
Do you have a sponsor you can call?

Texas and yes I’ve been going to meetings and my sponsor won’t answer his phone.

Ok…that’s fantastic that you’ve been going to meetings. Here is info for you if you are having suicidal thoughts…it won’t hurt to reach out :heart:

http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/texas-suicide-hotlines.html

How long have you been sober for? For me at least…after the initial month, I feel like my body as still chemically detoxing and getting back to normal…so I felt really…Dull… like “is this all there is?” It took a while to start recovering in a way that actively made me feel better…for a while being sober was just NOT making me feel worse. I tried to be ok with that… have you tried playing the taps? Going through what would happen if you decided to?

1 Like

Been sober for 9 months. I tell myself it will pass and that things will only go bad if I start drinking or using again.

Dont give up before the miracle happens. Things will get better as long as we stay sober. As you know, theyll go to shit if we drink or use. Take things one day at a time, moment by moment if you have to. I had a whole bad month myself throughout my sober days, and God was it awful. Cravings were severe and I was worrying about every little thing there was to worry about. Turn these things over to your higher power. You go to AA so you’ll understand what I mean. And when you take them back, turn them over again. Example, God please take these negative feelings away from me. Keep it simple ya know.
I need you more today than I did yesterday and so do others. You gave me a good reminder of where I came from. Keep reaching out for help and talking to us. You are going to come out stronger and maybe you’ll inspire someone. Like hey, if he can get through that, I can get through this. So stay strong. Go to the e.r. before doing anything harmful, please! People can help you as long as you reach out for help!

3 Likes

If you’re feeling suicidal it’s a good idea to talk to a doctor since your sponsor is unavailable. It’s great you came here there are so many good people on here. Please if you feel hopeless talk to a medical professional a lot of times mental health issues are underlying and we didn’t know or realize and had been self medicating. Best wishes to you. Staying sober is essential things will improve sometimes I feels like when will they get better but they will

1 Like

Thank you I really appreciate your support I really needed that!

2 Likes

Try to start focused and positive get yourself in the gym it helped me loads last time but I split up with my partner then relapse then regret it so try learn how to deal with your emotions then your get threw it :innocent:

1 Like

I don’t have wise words, but I am thinking of you tonight. Take care of your self. :heart:

1 Like

Aw that’s sweet thanks!