I feel like I'm losing my life

Need some help!! I relapsed again and this time it was pretty bad. I don’t know what to do I feel like I’m losing it and losing my sanity… i really could use some encouragement thanks. Also how do I go about getting a sponsor without going to a live meeting?

1 Like

Can I ask, why would you not go to a live meeting?

This site is great for support. There is a thread where you could check in everyday and get support.

You must have local groups. It is just a case of finding them

2 Likes

John I’m honestly just so embarrassed and I’m also afraid of meeting people that might make it easier for me to find my drug of choice

1 Like

I totally understand you don’t want to go to a meeting, I’m exactly the same. I have been sober for almost 9 days now and I have just been using this app to keep on track. Maybe somewhere down the line I might have to consider a meeting if I can’t do this without a face to face talk with a professional or just someone who has been through some of the things I have. All I can suggest is keep checking in here when your feeling low, apprehensive, depressed or whatever is making you think about having a drink or whatever substance you do. There are a lot of people who are more than happy to help on here whether it’s a bit of motivation or saying how it is but you need to listen if you seriously want help. I can’t really say much more apart from Good luck on your journey and I hope you make it to where you want to be.

3 Likes

Dont hang with people at meetings that coourt order it. Most of them are just trying to get by and not focused on full sobriety.you are the product of your enviroment. I truely believe this. As you build a social network that are sober and are goal oriented so will you

7 Likes

I went to a meeting one time and when we got out dude was trying to sell shit right when people were leaving

If you want this change then you have to hit it with everything you got, your worried about embarrassing yourself and others but everyone had those feelings at one time too , hit that meeting and you will find the most friendly community around, you can do smart recovery meetings online to start you off

2 Likes

Sadly it does happen. When i was doing court ordered groups a boy was prescribed script of percocet and was tryin to basically let you know he had em’. Unfortunately i didnt want to get them in trouble. i never reported it to my counselor because i still had to see this person at every group as we were both court ordered the same program. I felt the urge and thoughts running through my mind to get his number so i could use it later. I just kept my distance and went directly home after the meetings which was best for me. What i gained in knowledge of those 6 months of groups/meetings was worth feeling uncomfortable for an hour a week. You can always choose different meetings til you find the one you like. Its usually never the first one you go to. Sometimes trying different types of meetings. You just have to be open minded to the idea if all else fails. I may not attend everyday meetings now but if i was in a rough spot that i didnt feel i had control i would go to a meeting. Maybe you can try again if your open to it…

2 Likes