I feel so stupid...I need help not judgement

I was almost 2 months sober and free from this codependency hell now I’m back to square one and I can tell everyone knows and their all judging me. I tried so hard I don’t think anyone understands I feel so stupid and I feel like a complete failure. I want to be sober so bad!

9 Likes

Are you getting help from someone other then yourself?

No I’m not really I am also bipolar so I take my meds regularly but I keep missing my therapy appointments

You are not defined by your failures your defined by your willingness to get up and start again, trust me I should know bc as far as sobriety I’m a complete failure but I can’t change that and neither can you. The only thing we can change is the choices we make today. As for other people’s reactions to you, don’t be too hard on them, they hopefully will never have to understand what you are going through and trying to achieve, no one gets it until it’s too late. Chin up my friend.

11 Likes

What happened I fell for another one of my ex’s tricks

1 Like

Thanks that made me feel a little better. Thank you

1 Like

Give yourself time, Michelle to learn and heal. We cannot expect to stop unhealthy behaviours completely ad hoc. I feel with codependency it’s a whole other game. As an alcoholic I found it easier to refrain from alcohol but the alcoholic thinking, the reasons why I drank, and why I struggle with codependency, run deep and need to be addressed seriously and consistently. I’ve said it here many times but I cannot stress enough how speaking therapy or psychoanalysis can bring awareness to buried emotions, situations, and underlying beliefs that keep us tangled in selfharming thinking, addictive thinking, the old structures. After more than a year of sobriety my therapy is still getting more and more intensive, there still is so much I need to face, and I am not free of the old thinking and my emotional burdens. I am also not free of codependency, even though I am aware it is another one of my addictions, my areas of where I need to do work.
Stay away from your ex. Change ppl places and things.
Get help! This goes for alcoholism as much as for codependency or any other addictions: there are self help groups, coda, there is therapy which you might need and everyone can benefit from. Don’t try and handle it on your own, your “best thinking” is what got you here! :wink:
Lastly, allow for time! Don’t expect that awareness alone will change everything. Make changes in your life and in your mind, observe, learn, and be kind and patient with yourself.

Stay safe and strong on your journey!

7 Likes

Thank you :blush:. I’m really going to try not to miss another appointment with my therapist

4 Likes

In my eyes you are never a failure unless you quit trying. There will always be setbacks, and many times you’ll feel like your taking 1 step forward only to take two steps back. Theses are the time you think about your journey and not your destination. What can you do to make your journey more pleasant when you get to your destination?

You’ll run into many people along the way, some good, some bad; but typically our own worse enemy/critic is ourselves. Pick yourself up; and dust yourself off. You got this! People, places and things!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome I’ve just started to treat my codependence … I didn’t even know the meaning of the word until I got into recovery for my drugs addiction!!! I’m also bi polar and struggle with emotions and mood swings! I think your doing amazing recovering from codependent addiction. Try not to give yourself a hard time your here and trying your best and that’s really brave of you x

2 Likes

Its not stupid, it’s addiction.

Not to be corny, but you are SMART for coming on here and making this post.

We’re all here because we’ve done “stupid” stuff.

What happened?

6 Likes

I highly consider inpatient rehabilitation. Worked for me.