I found stuff..need advice pls

i been sober from xanax for about 2 weeks now and i think I’ve been okay with out them. but thing i need some help with is, i found 3 bars in my things while moving today and idk if i have the strength to not do them or throw them out. I don’t want to do them because my friends and family will be so pissed at me and honestly i will be too but apart of me rly fucking wants them ugh idk how to explain it but i know someone probably gets it. anyway hopefully i can find the strength to at least tell one of my friends i found them so they could talk me out of doing them, if that’ll even work.
Alright one last thing i was thinking about; see my doc used to be meth (that was a few years ago) but now it’s xans… funny how it flipped like that, idk I’m just wondering why that is. I mean it could be just the fact that xans are so addictive in the way that they just force you out your shell, seeing as they’re made for anxiety and depression you know. But idk, if someone could lmk something about that too I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

Flush them immediately! You’re done with that way of life. I had a pain pill addiction and came across a couple shortly after getting clean. I didn’t hesitate and flushed them knowing I was not strong enough to keep them in my possession for even 5 minutes.

It sounds like you switched one addiction for another when you went from meth to xanax. Maybe still looking for that escape from something? Work on yourself and getting to the root of why you want to use any substance and you will feel freedom.

5 Likes

I used to use meth and I stopped using and started drinking full force I went to treatment to get off alcohol it was way harder to kick than the meth! On your other issue flush them it’s too tempting! I have friends that still use meth and I haven’t seen them since I got clean and sober cause I don’t trust myself not to do alittle meth! I know it will just start the madnesses all over again!

4 Likes

What @Myssy and @Lisa07 said. Flush that shit down the toilet. Now!

5 Likes

I kinda think flushing drugs down the toilet is a big no-no for whatever reasons, but obviously don’t take them. Get rid of them, dispose of them.

2 Likes

I feel you I had a bottle of wine in my fridge and last Saturday I mean a week ago I woke up in the morning opened it end empty it in the sink cuz I knew if I would of takin one glass I would of been screwed cuz one glass wasn’t enough news to see the bottle empty… so on that note do you’re self a Present flush them down better days are coming keep ur head up🤍you got this

4 Likes

Throw them out throw them out throw them out

I had a similar thing with a bottle of whiskey at the back of a cupboard. The moment it was poured down the sink I felt instantly better because it was gone and that was that.

5 Likes

Had the same experience with wine it’s so true the relief we get after emptying it

5 Likes

Get rid of them ASAP! If you don’t feel strong enough to do this just pass them over to someone in your support network to get rid of. Remember why you started this journey! Don’t go back now! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

@wakemeupP Throw it away. If someone has a problem with that tell them why you did it and that you would do it again if you found it again around you. As calmly as possible. You do not owe any explanations or owe anything to anyone. You do not need to offer explanations or excuses or apologies. Just say it and walk away. Disappaer and be with yourself if you need to be. Come back when things feels balanced once again.

1 Like

Why why why does it seem a common factor to hold on to something that is destructive for an addict. At least I also had that repulsive nature about throwing my DOC away. It was like killing a friend, somebody I could turn to when in need. But it was long gone since it was my friend. In mine opinion it are excuses and/or thoughts to keep the backdoor open for the addiction to come back in. So please help yourself by throwing them away.

We hold on to these things because we are addicts. The normal thing to do is use. You made a great first step by reaching out and that tells me you want to do the right thing. The feeling you would have by getting rid of them will far outweigh the pain you could cause by taking them. Those are most definitely alcohol in a pill. What you do next could define the rest of your life. Maybe not but do you really want to play around and find out? Do the right thing. You already know what that is. It’s completely up to you

1 Like

Flush them and liberate yourself of addiction. Its not worth getting a taste for it and potentially spiraling out of controll. I understand your yearning to eat them, but it would be a huge mistake.

I feel your pain.

1 Like