I fucked up tonight

I drank today after cleaning my nephews room it was a dark hole I’m 7 days sober doing my counting but really 8 should I start over after 3 shots? I NEED ADVICE PLEASE

2 Likes

I would, 3 shots is a restart to me.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Personally I would hit the reset but the decision is up to you. This is your journey and you make the rules. Any mind altering substance that goes into my body intentionally will have me starting over. I spent too many years lying so being honest with myself is top priority.

9 Likes

Yes. Reset, recommit, and move forward.

9 Likes

Yeah I would reset.

Just keep at it. Very few of us were able to get sober the first (or 10th) time despite how it may seem!!! I sure wasnt!!! I failed every day for years so great job kn 7 days!!! Get back on it!!!

5 Likes

Definitely restart

1 Like

If I had three beers I wouldn’t be able to look at that counter without knowing I’m a lier to myself.

3 Likes

If your asking the question ,I believe you know the answer​:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Yes friend I would restart… it’s the best way to get it off your mind… I did the same thing yesterday but I drank a day ago. Every thing will be okay friend

3 Likes

We know we are alcoholics but we don’t have to be lieing alcoholics, reset. Your only kidding yourself in the long run. How you going to feel when we all wish you well on 30 days sober and your not.

2 Likes

I feel you, I fucked up last weekend and had one pint… I hit reset too. I felt instantly bad for breaking my streak but you can only move forwards, so take that feeling and be determined not to give in so easily next time.
Stay strong! This is a tough journey x

4 Likes

yes Reset even 1 shot is to much

3 Likes

AGREED! Even one sip is too much for me. I used too much hand sanitizer last night and felt like resetting.

4 Likes

I doubt not everyone could say they never had to restart again. You did 7 days, that is an achievement, now you can beat this score. You are honest and admit you fell off your bike now just get back on and peddle hard. You can do this, you are doing great :purple_heart:

Welcome and yeah I’d reset. Just keep your eye on the prize!

As long as I have the will to quit, counting days doesn’t really matter to me. I stopped counting because I felt it to be demoralising to go back to no.1 after a period of sobriety, although it’s here on this app if anyone asks. Others find counting days helpful to set goals track progress and hold themselves accountanble. So whatever floats your boat. :pray:

1 Like

More importantly, what are you willing to do differently? My thinking was a lot like yours seems to be - that if I didn’t feel drunk, it didn’t count. And it took a lot for me to feel drunk.

How can you change your thoughts and actions so that your sobriety takes priority above anything else you may feel or wish or believe? Some AA meetings or readings or work with a sponsor? Committing to working a SMART Recovery program? Going on a course of Antabuse? One on one counseling?

I say this with love, friend. What you are doing to stay sober is falling short of your desired outcome. Time to reach out and find strength outside yourself that you can incorporate.

Blessings on your house :pray:.

2 Likes

If you made the decision to drink and knew what you were doing then I would reset.

1 Like

I reset mine after a week…Didn’t want to. But it’s better to be honest with ourselves. Even if you have to reset it’s still an opportunity to move forward. Even if it takes us 1000 times. You can do this. I’m back on day 3 :confused:

1 Like