I Fucked up!

I was doing so good!! Everything in my life was starting to come back together. I got high last night and I feel like the biggest piece of shit right now. I had 4 months completely sober. I could use some advice from someone who has dealt with this themselves.

13 Likes

My biggest piece of advice is find out what triggered it and don’t fall for the same shit twice. Get back on the horse and carry on ODAAT. Best wishes

9 Likes

Accept that you made that choice without self hate or fatalism, then choose to continue as you were before last night. Nothing has changed. Look at the experience, try to understand WHY it happened. What where you thinking and feeling leading up to it? Work on addressing that. Remember how you feel now and resolve to not get here again.

You are not a failure, you have not messed everything up. Just stand up and keep walking the path.

9 Likes

Find out why…why do we use. I journal of every time I had a craving. It was eye opening reading what I wrote really showed patterns.

Then comes the hard part…fixing the “whys”

8 Likes

Give yourself some credit dont beat yourself down you slipped up and came right back here thats good just do the next right thing. Great you didnt let it keep spiraling down, lace up your boots and be ready to work harder for your sobriety next time your tempted to use. Take it easy just one step at a time.

4 Likes

I have a thread about my own lapse after 2.5years… [Huge mistake, decided to drink after 2.5yrs

:disappointed: (Huge mistake, decided to drink after 2.5yrs 😞)

Please know that this fuck up does not define you and you can now learn from it and be stronger and better, sober! :pray:

10 Likes

I tripped at the 4th month point a few times. I told myself various lies - “see, u can do it! so u can just drink and quit again” “ffs, u are an adult u can do this if u want” etc. I had to learn from my mistakes one by one. You have to really accept down to my core that alcohol will never be a part of ur life again. I always thought if the worst happened to my kids I would just drink myself to death. But now, I know I would hit back to back meetings.

6 Likes

We dont always have time in the moment, however when I notice thoughts of use, I reflect on what I am/was doing at the time…no need to beat yourself up…be well, take care

2 Likes

Count the 4 months sober not the 1 day relapse. 4 months sounds like a huge win to me. It was just some field research that will help you get longer next time.

3 Likes

Look your doing good everyone messes up all u can do is pick urself up and keep pushing it’s not going to come easy there’s always a price but you’re a strong-minded individual you can keep going you just got to look behind you remember where where I took you and look forward and to the Future and see where you want to go the past ain’t so bright the future it’s got everything you want just keep moving forward keep your head up

Don’t allow this to take you out of the fight. You acknowledged your mistake and held yourself accountable here. If the only person harmed by your actions is you, then forgive yourself and recommit to working your sobriety plan. If you harmed someone else, go to them with a contrite heart, and ask for their forgiveness.

Truth is the first casualty of addiction. You’re here, admitting the truth, no matter how uncomfortable.

Now figure out what else you need to do to strengthen your resolve. Maybe it’s finding a sponsor or accountability partner to help you. Maybe it’s seeking professional or medical help. Maybe it’s attending meetings. Maybe it’s starting a check-in thread here, and committing to a minimum of three daily check-ins, with the community offering support and encouragement.

There’s a big beautiful world out there, and it’s only missing one thing…a healthy and sober YOU! Now get after it!

1 Like