I Give Up Already!

Made it to 33 this time around.
Today, I decided to do something good for myself. Went to an AA meeting. Planning to go tomorrow too.
Whatever it takes😎

24 Likes

I am teetering on the edge of going to a meeting. How was it? Was it different than you expected.

4 Likes

I’ve fought it for years. Found it a comfortable place this time around. Not into the God part, but these people have something I need. I was nervous as hell before going, but it got better.
Give it a try. You can always walk out. Done that in the past :laughing:
Good luck!

7 Likes

Obviously not every personality type is into AA. However, there is just something absolutely moving when you talk to people face to face about your problems…and they get it. I love my AA meetings

5 Likes

I’ve tried so many times to quit drinking on my own and I could barely stay few days sober. Now I am more than 3 months. It’s magic. I love my life now. Give it a try, it’s worth it!:slight_smile:

10 Likes

I didn’t want to do it either - but I am so glad I did! My step work and regular contact with other alcoholics is literally changing my life.

Let us know how it goes!:heart:

9 Likes

Thank you all!!! I’ll let you know know what happens :grinning:

It is nothing like how it is portrayed on tv/movies. People laugh. People cry. They do group activities that are family friendly (obviously, because no booze!). Also free donuts and coffee (ok so that is like the movies lol). It really helps to be around people who were/are the same as you are in that moment. And there are a bunch of different types of meetings, so just go to all of them throughout the first couple weeks and find the ones that fit you best!

9 Likes

Thanks for the description :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Truth. Some nights my home group reminds me of the Meme Wars thread.

Actually, @Gotno, the people I’ve met at meetings remind me of the people I’ve met on TS. Only, like, in person. Cool people trying to get better at getting better.

6 Likes

Yeah. I have been researching AA meetings in my area. I will probably go on Sunday morning. Im not feeling shaky with my sobriety at all. I just feel like it cant hurt to talk to other people in a similar situation. This place has helped me a ton. So I would naturally assume AA would be just as helpful.

4 Likes

I’m not feeling shaky in mine either, but I know it will eventually happen so I’m arming myself now. Plan ahead and you’re less likely to relapse. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On my way to another AA meeting. My head’s still fighting it, but I Am determined! :grin:

3 Likes