I gotta start over

I’m not sure how many people read these. I just downloaded this app.

Hi I’m zell and I’m an alcoholic. I was a year, 2 months and some change sober when i started drinking again. 6 months later I’m back where i started. Coming from a family of addicts and finally getting away and cutting people off, i have more hope for the second go around. I’m back at almost a week and it sucks. Here i go again.

14 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help

2 Likes

Welcome Zell!
What did you do during that 14 months that helped you remain sober? What can you add to your toolbox to help prevent another relapse?

4 Likes

Welcome! I had a similar experience of relapse after over a year and then slowly falling back into addiction. It took me a while I find my footing, and I’m glad you’re back here. Remember all those tools you learned to stay sober for 14 months, and all the successes and positives that came from it. You’re so much more equipped this time around. You got this!

I’ve been where you are and I know it sucks, but you good news is you did it before so you can do it again.
I was sober for 5 years and thought I was cured.
But I was not. I learned the hard way.
Almost sober again with the help of this app.
Congratulations with your 1 week sober, may many follow! :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. This can be a good tool in your sobriety toolbox. There are many links, resources, and awesome people who are all along the path you are walking.

You did great with your 1 year and 2 months, and you can do it again. Sometimes we fall and falter along the way, but you’ve been there before so you know how to get there again.

1 Like