I guess i am sad

Hey , i think i can confess here
I regulary play with friends at video games ,but recently a new person came in our serv, she’s english (we are french) and since , i don’t feel anymore like people carring about me …like when i propose something i never get any anwser, but when she she propose everybody is like “oh yes of curse !” Even when the were lazy with me before…i don’t feel like i’m appreciated anymore…

5 Likes

Are those irl friends or online friends? If they are only online, maybe find new ones. In my experience, online friends are almost never real friends eventhough it really seems so. I had about 300-400 online friends out of which there where 50 with whom I had daily contact and that knew everything about me, we were talking about meeting up in real life, we were best friends. Not a single one contacted me after I stopped gaming. Only to try to convince me to relapse.
You can also just tell them that you feel unappreciated. Maybe they’ll keep that in account next time.

3 Likes

At one time, all my friends were online. I was a Guild Master in World of Warcraft a few years ago, and I was so close with all my guild members that I really believed that they were very much TRUE and loyal friends. However, it simply wasn’t the case, because our friendship revolved around the game. When I wanted to take the guild in a new direction, they all left. I was devastated.

My point is that if you want friends that will be loyal and true, friends like that might be hard to find via video games.

I’m sorry that your feelings were hurt though. I was so upset when my guild buds left that I just quit playing. I understand how you feel. hug

3 Likes

I am currently very involved with Guild Wars 2 and can absolutely relate to this.

I joined a guild that isn’t huge and many of the members are shy. It’s a great way to hit Champions, Legends, and Boss’s as a team if someone drops a waypoint. I recognize that these are real people and we are all playing a game. I have reached out to a few of the members and gotten to know them better but also understand that they are PART of the GAME. Yes, they are real so I treat them like real people but when I’m not logged in, they don’t exist to me. I have to keep it virtual because my true friendships are the ones that I make face to face. I am always happy to play with them, talk with them, share information with them and be a member of the guild but if at any point I’m not feeling like I’m getting the personal rewards from them, I simply log off and go do something else. I play frisbee golf with people in the program, I read daily reflections, the big book, go to meetings, I’m currently painting the inside of the house. I’ve also been fortunate to have met a girl who plays and we spend lots of time together outside of the “virtual world”.
I recognize that being ignored hurts but I also don’t rely on acceptance from others anymore. I love myself and what I bring to the table everyday whether other people appreciate it or not. If they don’t, I would hope they would either let me know I am making them upset or “get over it” (I mean that in a way that they just forget about it).
We as humans have a desire to be accepted and celebrated within a community. Video games can offer that, unfortunately, just like in real life, it’s not always a party. There will always be downs but I try not to let the downs outweigh the ups. If they do, then it is time for me to move on. There is a lot of time left in life and spending it not feeling wanted is not how I choose to live anymore. I want myself to be happy and as long as I am not harming others in any way, I am living up to what my higher power wants for me.
Self love is where it all starts. Realizing that was hard for me but through lots of personal inventory and honesty everyday, I truly want to be a good person and acting on that desire keeps me sober.
Forgive this looooooong winded response but I hope it has helped, even just a little. Have a great rest of your weekend! =)