I had a first and last warning shot

Hi guys so I’m back to day 2 I got two weeks sober and decided I wanted to drink nothing happened to push me to it it I just wanted to. we have come out of lockdown the pub has reopened and that was it for me I had a few then didn’t drink for 6 days then did the same again the trouble is this time when I woke up in the morning to let my dogs out I was watching them in the garden and suddenly the whole world started to spin I went very hot felt very sick and something rose up in me and I couldn’t hear anything , I was so scared but I couldn’t speak I didn’t know what to do I got myself back inside. I layed down on the bed after a minute my hearing came back everything level out and I could tell my wife what had happened to me and for the rest of the day I felt very weak but I felt much better later. it has frightened me so much I honestly think it was something,someone and or my body telling me this is it, iff I keep going this way I’m going to die it’s as simple as that I call it my warning shot you only get one and I think I just had it I’m going to do all I can to stay sober with all my heart I love my life love the fact I’m blessed with my life and I need to start treating my body and mind that way I know I’m an alcoholic I just start to tell myself I’m not when I want to drink. I’m going to to see if I can find an online AA meeting and go back to my online smart meetings and I’m going to text a lady that uses AA and tell her what has happened because I need to be honest and get it out there are which is why I’m telling you guys as well you are always first to know thanks for reading peace out friends x

3 Likes

Hello we all have our own experience with rock bottom and I’m pleased your here to get back on track . It’s great your gonna contact a lady from aa it’s good to talk to other alcoholics who understand what were going through. Please hang around and read lots and reach out whenever you need to this place is a God send to so many of us