I hate my damn job

Is there a way to claw this back?

Can i just say im glad someone started this thread. I absolutely hate my fucking job! If i didnt need it, id walk out right now… like fuck you. Fuck you, fuck you, youre cool, fuck you lol. I forget what movie thats on, but thats how im feeling right now! I just keep asking God to remove these feelings of anger and say the Serenity Prayer. And it usually helps for a period of time… Im going to also try to call my sponsor and wife on my lunch hour. Im also going to keep busy so i dont have a pity party and start the poor me stuff.

2 Likes

I swear I didn’t see this when I sorta kinda but not really blamed the millennials!

85% of people polled hate their jobs. Guess where I saw this statistic? At my company’s 2018 kick-off. Irony. It’s dripping with it.

My complex has lots of Windows and high ceilings and doesn’t heat properly. The furnace is too energy efficient. They won’t do anything about it. I freeze to death every winter, with space heaters around the clock. I’m moving this year.

2 Likes

I don’t care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I’m, I’m quitting, I’m going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they’ve moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn’t bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it’s not okay because if they take my stapler then I’ll set the building on fire…

8 Likes

Ex, um, excuse me. I asked for no salt on this margarita, and, um, there is salt on this glass…

4 Likes

YEahhhhh. If you could just move your desk down to the basement, that’d be greaaat.

5 Likes

Well, Ok. But… that’s the last straw…

3 Likes

Oh, and remember: Next Friday…is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.

4 Likes

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that’s on the worst day of my life.

Therapist:What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Therapist: Wow, that’s messed up!

7 Likes

Bob: Looks like you’ve been missing quite a bit of work lately.

Peter Gibbons: Well, I wouldn’t say I’ve been MISSING it, Bob.

7 Likes

I don’t entirely hate my job but I’m far from loving it. I’m 35 this year and starting a savings plan that if I stick to I will be able to take a sabbatical to in 4 years time for say 3 months and decide where I go from there.

The security of a good steady income is a grip, a but like an addiction but unlike addictive substances or habits it’s essential and we gotta get up and face the crap until we find another way.

The good news is when sober you can set goals and have ambition, you can plan a career change and you won’t have to face that crap anymore, there’ll always be some crap. I’m all about taking it a day at a time but I can plan for successfully doing that provided I work my simple program, and with new routines and habits I have created.

I never ever wanted to be working in my industry, I started drinking at 17 and lost focus so didn’t achieve my true goals but I’m very fortunate to have had a steady enough career despite my drinking to date. I have my focus back now as I’m sober for longer than I’ve been for half my life these past nine months. I’m so excited about sticking to this path and would urge everyone to get truly sober and start achieving their goals.

7 Likes

Same with “quest for fire”…lots of great quotes in that movie.

Same here. Desperate to find another one, need to feel a bit stronger first tho. Hope you have better day tomorrow x

1 Like

Have you considered moving from residential to commercial property management? Is it an option?

I love that movie so much I now own it :rofl:

I LOVE that movie!

2 Likes

b7MdMkkFCyCWI

3 Likes

Don’t you feel so lucky to be in that 15%? I know I do. I’ve been at my job for about fifteen years. I definitely had some periods of time when I felt like I was stuck or I wasn’t “doing enough with my life,” but then I remembered that I love making decent money and enjoying work! :sunglasses: