I hate my damn job

Are you still a cook? I cooked in my place for ten years before I messed up my right arm.

I totally forgot about the flair! Jennifer Aniston was amazing in that movie.

1 Like

Wow, this just took a strange turn.

So you can help me harden my home against EMP attacks? Or maybe just make a box for my car? I would love to have a running vehicle after the apocalypse!

Can’t get damaged by solar flares either! Although I firmly believe that if a solar flare is that crazy we all might have something WAAAAYYY worse than electromagnetic interruption to worry about! But I’m not a scientist (astrophysicist?) so I could be way off base.

And there was the excitement of that international shielding smuggling ring…

Sometimes it’s one person, who believes in you. And they change your life for ever.

2 Likes

Just one thought! My sponsor gave me some advice (I heard it as advice, not command)

“Don’t make any major changes your first year. Your job, your family, etc. Don’t even worry about your tobacco use right now. Focus on sobriety.”

There were several BIG things that, for a while my first several months – idk, maybe year and a half – that I had serious misgivings about. My perspective changed on many things in that time frame. Not saying everything was SkittlePuppies after that, just, clearer.

1 Like

Great to hear that, it feels good to be able to reward peoples faith in you and also to make them aware of our gratitude. My sponsor told me us recovered sober folk make great workers and it’s very true. I’ve not had difficult conversations with my boss for a very long time, he challenges me in a good way and I am definitely a much improved worker and it has shown in my appraisals.

I feel like I am stuck in my job. I can do it with my eyes closed. But I do have to pay my bills. And a change of jobs… no idea what I can do. I don’t want to do the same work in an other office. I don’t hate it but if I win the lottery I will happy say :wave:t2::wave:t2::wave:t2:

6 Likes

The movie is half baked and I use that line all the time. Lol.

Yessss!!! I believe you have my stapler

1 Like

Yes and I decided to go to private back to corporate/commercial. Already been submitting my resume. However I actually submitted my resume to my church to become the youth pastor. Maybe God wants me to move in that direction. I’m turning it over and where I am supposed to be is where I will end up.

1 Like

It’s been almost a year in the program with several 24 hour relapses, I just in the last couple weeks have started looking for a new job. It would take me months to transition. I would have to train my replacement for at least a month or two.

I’m kind of in the same boat - I’ve been at my current company about 11 yrs and doing the same line of work for about 25… I hate to complain because it has afforded us a comfortable living, but the corporate BS and endless hoops to jump through to get things done drives me nuts… I feel like they make up new departments with no other purpose but to create forms to fill out and committees to justify things to… I would love to just quit, but the next situation might be worse… :slight_smile: I have to hang in about 5 more years when I can realistically think about retiring…

3 Likes

Property management. Ugh! Worst job i ever had…and ive had alot. Renters are assholes and owners are cheap. Zero appreciation in that job. Constant stress. I feel ya.

3 Likes

I can agree with you on the renter side, based on experience. Never used a management company, always self-managed. Used to have 3 rentals. Am down to 1. Out of the many renters we’ve had, I have to say only 2 or 3 were “good”: Paid on time, respected the property. Respected their neighbors. The rest ranged from a mild annoyance to full-blown train wrecks. They seem to think that the drama in their lives (most of it self-inflicted) should be my burden as well. Then there’s “the boyfriend” drama. That’s the worst. Dude’s not on the lease, but thinks his relationship involves transferable rights of tenancy. The right to park his dirt-bike on a 2nd floor balcony. The right to attempt a major engine and transmission rebuild of his 1985 Mustang in one of two visitors spots, and that when the HOA tows it away, it is somehow my responsibility to reimburse him for the cost. Yep…that was a really interesting conversation, especially when his logic argument failed, and he resorted to veiled threats. I don’t take those with grace.

Then there was this particular tenant’s rather promiscuous 15 year old daughter’s daredevil boyfriend, who thought the best way to keep Mama from catching him and her daughter en flagrante, teen passions fully ablaze on the living room couch, was to leap from the previously mentioned 2nd floor balcony. Apparently the young lad hadn’t been paying attention in physics class, and ended up with an open fracture, on the lawn, which only added to the indignity of his state of undress. Funny? His parents attempted to sue my insurance for his medical bills. My only negligence in this sordid tale, was renting to this trainwreck of a tenant. I ended up selling the place. It was cursed.

6 Likes

I think I love you. That was a great lunch tale around the lunch table. Especially in a real estate office

2 Likes

Holy mother of Jesus I am ROLLING!!!

1 Like

When I’ve lived in apartments in the past, they’ve always told me to call, even for lightbulbs. They’ve said they didn’t want tenants doing it for some reason. I changed them myself anyway because I don’t want strangers in my home for something so dumb.