I have a confession. I'm ashamed to admit. I'm sorry

Have to put them.on my list too. I have a phase of collecting great oldies now :slight_smile:

Check out Caught A Ghost if you want a change. Can’t Let Go is a jam.

1 Like

Thanks i will

My husband & his mother danced to this song at our wedding for the Mother/Son dance…
It’s almost as embarrassing as liking Nickelback, almost.

5 Likes

When my 5 y.o. daughter saw a Nickelback music video for the first time, she said:“His voice is so much more beautiful than his face.” :rofl:

9 Likes

@TeejLazer - awesome, finally someone brought up an indisputably good band with GnR! Right, so Ive got off my arse and started learning the Paradise City solo, which I’ve been meaning to learn for years… I cannot find a comfortable way to slide up to this

Edit: it closed the spaces, it was a tab representative.

Also, I have tuned it down to E flat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Poor some sugar on meeee

No dance in my high school cafeteria was complete without that one!

3 Likes

EVERY solo Slash plays is so incredibly difficult, until you learn it, and then you realize it’s all just rock and roll standard stuff…but still nothing to just shrug off. Hahahaha. That being said, Paradise City is a very unforgiving solo, there’s so much ground to cover!!! Also, everything GNR does is in E Flat as far as I’ve discovered, so you’re definitely in the right tuning!

These guys were LIFESAVERS when I was struggling with parts.

1 Like

I am 100% judging you, because Nickelback is horrible. I admittedly saw them in concert years back, and left with the worst migraine of my life. I actually don’t mind the Imagine Dragons, but I laughed when I saw this meme the other day…

11 Likes

Yeah Ive seen and followed Nico’s video and completely agree - The November Rain solo is way easier than people think, in fact, I found the slow solos harder to learn than the climatic.

Slash is a nightmare for actually learning solos though because its loads of rock and roll stuff like any major then throws in just a random 6th with a bend back to the root and its like chaos connected with “wtf was that?!” Ive got something like the first 3rd of the solo down but can get an efficient enough slide up to the 15th frets on the GBE strings because I naturally favour my 3rd finger for sliding up and 2nd for sliding down and I think to achieve the 17th fret on the B with your 3rd finger, you’d need to slide up to the C# and bar with your 1st. Other than the videos, were there any other exercises youd advise?

Edit: With regards to tuning, the only song of theirs i’ve found which plays better not in E flat is actually November Rain. In my opinion anyway

Best. Thread. Ever. :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Oh come on. Imagine Dragons is amazing

3 Likes

I’ve always liked GNR, and when we set out to start doing our tribute band, I gained an entirely new level of respect for them as musicians. Like, outside of just “yeah that song rules”. Really cool vibe between Slash and Izzy. Their playing styles are so different, yet intertwine so perfectly.

Slash is some kind of creature from another dimension when it comes to dissecting his stuff. Like you said, it’s stock major scale with a pure random note thrown in.

Nickelback is great. Haters be damned. Nickelback > Cardi B

2 Likes

I know!! I did say that I like them. I just thought the meme was hilarious :joy:

1 Like

Choosing between Nickelback and cardi b is like choosing between ISIS and Al Queda

9 Likes

I choose ISIS. Mainly because Syria is closer to my house.

2 Likes

My step daughter is always on me about Cardi B. She loves her for some reason. Everybody has something they like that somebody else hates. That’s just life lol.

2 Likes

Nickelback power!

What is a Cardi b?

3 Likes