I have been sober for 7days

One week sober today and I honestly thought that by now I would be feeling better. But I don’t. I have zero motivation. Even woke up feeling like I had a hangover. I know it will get better though. My plan is to drink plenty of water, eat some vegetables, and have an early night! :love_you_gesture:

19 Likes

Sponsors can be very motivating.

1 Like

Brilliant! Good on you for dusting off the drum kit. I am proud of myself. And while I don’t have motivation for much at the moment, I’m still motivated to stay sober

Congrats on the 7 days, keep addin to them :smiley:

It’s not an easy time, you have to learn a whole new way of life. That isn’t going to happen in a week but it will happen :slight_smile:

Yep, hydrate, eat, try to get some sleep. Might be easy things to say but they do help and sober sleep is far better than drunk sleep.

Read loads of threads on here and post if you need to, a lot of supportive people on here!

2 Likes

One week is great, congrats and keep going!! Feeling better does take time and feeling like a hangover is actually quite normal. You may want to look up or do a search on here on PAWS. It is pretty interesting all our bodies go thru to heal themselves. And depending on how much and how long we drank for, well, it takes time to heal.

Love your positive self care!! Rest as much as you can, your body, mind and spirit need that. :heart: You are doing a great thing for yourself! :heart:

3 Likes

Hey, @AnnaM the first week I found was hard, the second week harder and then things dramatically improved for me. I find it helpful to scroll through sober before and afters on the internet, testimonies about getting sober. You’ll find that most talk about the benefits after one month and longer. Of course, you can’t get to that one month without getting past those first weeks so hang in there. I found pounding tasty water like Lacroix helped and noticing the small things - less puffiness, a little more clarity, more enjoyment in reading and hobbies. From what you’ve written, I suspect you are somewhat dehydrated-hence the lethargy.

3 Likes

You always give such informative, helpful advice.

1 Like

Hey! Congrats on one week. I bet you feel better than you did a week ago :grin:. Stay positive and follow through with your plans you made for the day. Little by little and bit by bit it’s gonna add up till you know you’re feeling better.

1 Like

Congrats!! Like everyone has said, the bad will pass and soon you will feel much better.

The first couple of weeks I was sober I woke up feeling hungover every morning even though I hadn’t touched a drop. It passes I promise :+1:

1 Like

I’m still feeling kinda crummy too and I’m on day 10. It WILL get better for both of us! We just have to keep hanging in there. Sending you hugs and strength!!!

2 Likes

Well thank you @Figgie! That is kind of you to say!

Congrats on that first week. Job well done. Now that we’re sober we FEEL. It may not always feel good but we feel again. It’s ok to feel not motivated. Sometimes I sit and just feel it. Not being motivated. Feelings come and go and we’ve been dousing them with booze. Then maybe I get up and do one little thing which leads to more little things. Maybe I go for a short walk. Maybe I clean the kitchen a little bit and I go back to sitting in my chair not motivated. That’s ok too. There will be good feelings coming your way too. Great feelings!! You could always sit there and just feel great about the 7 days you kicked your addictions ass and see where that leads ya.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Like @Nordique avatar.

3 Likes

Good for you Tommo on the 2 weeks and dusting off the drums. Great start.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Well done on your first week​:muscle::clap: I started to feel better after day 10 so hang in there and you will start to feel healthier soon, sounds like you’ve got this.

1 Like

Thank you for all your support and encouragement and suggestions. I really do appreciate it. I actually feel better today so will try to be a bit more productive.

What a great community this is. I feel very grateful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome, that sounds like a good plan x

1 Like

I read that taking vitamin b12 and thiamine can help with your mood when first quitting booze. Mine just arrived today so I can’t comment first hand. I’m also 7 days sober today! I feel less pumped than I did earlier in the week but i love waking up without a hangover and not having the nightly obsession of ‘do i drink tonight? what should i drink? how much should i drink?’ The answer is always hella sparkling water now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One week is amazing, keep it up and eventually you will feel the better and better every day. Perhaps some detox tea could help aswell as the water and veggies.

1 Like

You always have something nice to say. I enjoy reading your responses!!

2 Likes