I have no confidence in life, how do I get over that?

Recently it’s come up in my life that I don’t have enough confidence. From my driver instructor saying that I was the most anxious person she had seen in 2017, to my friend saying that when I sing I need more confidence. It’s been bothering me.
I don’t know why I am this way. Everyone around seems to know exactly what they want and what they’re doing. And I just…don’t. I’ve never thought I was the prettiest, or the funniest, I was never the smartest or most talented. I always just was. Me. Ordinary me. There was always someone better, a more beautiful voice than mine, no matter how much I practiced, or a person who could get better grades than me. So how am I supposed to be confident? When I have nothing to offer compared to the rest of the world?

There are 7,595,310,615+ people living in this world currently. Do you think we’re all super talented and amazing and sh*t glitter (lol)? Just do things that you enjoy, that bring happiness to your life and to those around you. You can be confident even when you’re not the best. Just enjoy what you do.

2 Likes

Lol fair point. I’ve always had a lot of pressure put on me from my family. And myself I guess. It’s hard figuring out what the hell I’m gonna do with my life since opera is an impossible career.

You can’t compare yourself with only the good things you see about others. Do you compare yourself with their bad habits too? That will be honest :wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

I suppose part of the problem was that I didn’t really know their bad habits. Now that I think about it, they must have had them, no one’s perfect but I thought they were. That’s what was on the surface. That’s what I could compare myself to. I never even thought about these people having their own demons because I was too absorbed in thinking I wasn’t enough. There’s a new perspective for me!

2 Likes

Start loving yourself warts and all , and if nobody told you today i will your a wonderfull person wish you well

1 Like

The ordinary you is the awesome you. Everyone is dealing w something. Everyone has doubts and insecurities. Love yourself, be honest w yourself, do things that make you stronger and more confident and your path will begin to make more sense. Im amazed at how little things make such a big difference and how resilient people are.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses guys! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy!! I’m too hard on myself I know that and my biggest thing is comparing myself to others when I should focus on just being me!

1 Like

Awesome! That makes me feel good!

1 Like

Learning to love yourself is a massive thing it’s not something we are taught to do. Our compliments come from others right off the bat it’s almost like were are taught to compare and only feel good if we are told we are. Your driving instructor was at fault but only for using the wrong words they labled you and they don’t know you at all. It’s actually alright to be nervous when your learning everyone is i know I was. You are unique there is only one you and that it’s self makes you beautiful tell yourself that. Be kind to yourself it’s easy to self hate and pull yourself apart yet we feel silly saying nice thing about our self’s. Confidence grows like a nurtured plant but it can take time see all the wonderful things in yourself the little thing. Life is precious you are precious treat yourself that way my friend xx

1 Like

So communicating how I feel is sometimes a challenge for me. But I just wanted to say that your response and everyone’s response really made me feel good. They actually kinda made me cry! But thank you everyone! I don’t know if I’ve ever felt so reassured in my life :smile:

2 Likes