I have relapsed 4 times in 10 days I feel defeated

I am trying to go clean. I have a self harm problem. I’m made a suicide attempt in May of this year and struggle with an eating disorder. I want to give up. I need help.

4 Likes

You’ve taken very courageous steps by even admitting you’re struggling, I hope you can feel proud of that. I’m very glad you’re here with us.
I struggle with ED myself, it can feel so incredibly heavy and terrifying on top of depression, but by even wanting to get better you’re already faced the right direction. Every tiny step is powerful, I promise you it gets better in recovery in time. You’re not alone :black_heart:

3 Likes

I have felt that kind of hurt before. Everyone’s story is different, but there is a commonality of that very kind of pain and darkness that all of us have struggled with.

I want you to know, that even though you may not feel like it now, you absolutely matter. You are worth life and you are worth happiness. And it will come to you. It may not be tonight, or next week or next month, but this pain will fade away.

And most importantly, you are not alone. I can say, without a shadow of doubt, that everyone here that has felt the pain you are feeling right now loves you.

It takes times to heal, and you are worth every second of that time. Your life has meaning, purpose, and you will one day help others.

My hearth is absolutely with you, not just now, but always.

5 Likes

Welcome. Self harm and eating disorders need specific help. Are you seeing a therapist or getting counselling? That is an important element to stopping. I have self-harmed in the past, and struggle with disordered eating, so I can relate. I hope you can find support on this app. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re going through that. you’re definitely not alone. I’ve been struggling w self harm a lot lately as well. As for the eating disorder, have you tried watching like videos on recovery? Idk if that would help but there’s some good YouTubers in recovery who make encouraging videos on the topic maybe that could be inspiring. Ro Mitchell is one that comes to mind if it’s anorexia you’re dealing with . Wish u well , u deserve to be free from this.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m sorry you are experiencing this. Know that you are a valuable, precious person. Are you seeing a therapist and psychiatrist? I hope you do. I wish you all the best.