I just hurt my best friend

I just unintentionally hurt my bestie and it hurts. I so want a drink to cope with the hurt but I cant because it wont help.

2 Likes

Sorry you’re going through that with your friend.You’re right in saying a drink WON’T help,keep up that mindset.

2 Likes

Thanks Sanie. Doing my best to keep the mindset. I’m 5 weeks and 1 day sober today. This is my first real test. Being here and reading people’s stories is really helping. Hope u are doing well. Xxx

3 Likes

I’m sorry you’re feeling bad but drinking to cope will only make it worse and actually make the pain last a lot longer. You’re doing great with your 5 weeks, keep your days adding up! Having a clear head is your only shot at reconnecting that friendship. Wish you well my dear!

2 Likes

Just an update. I didn’t give in. I am still sober. We talked the next day and sorted everything out. We went to lunch then yoga. I told her how I wanted a drink to deal with what I did and that i didn’t have one. And she has plenty in her home. So i proud of myself. Now to deal with my brothers wedding in 2 weeks.

5 Likes

The fact that you understand it wont help shows how well you are doing. Remember when we use to think substances could fix everything. Oh how misguided we were. Keep your head up