I just need to talk

I’m nervous about the next little while. My Brother passed a year less a day ago. I have a story but i’m not ready to share and I’m scared about right now. My shame is thick and I’m ready for negativity but I just really need a chat. with someone because i have no one. he was my person.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss.
I’m here if you need to talk. I’m not sure I can help but at least I can listen. And I’m sure a lot of the people here will do the same. It’s an amazing place to be.

3 Likes

I understand loss, and how guilt can carry for a long time even if it was out of our control. Sending positive vibes your way. Grief is hard. Hugs!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Leslie. Sorry for your loss but this is a great place to share your feelings. A lot of good people in this form with some incredible insight into sobriety. Just know when you’re ready…you’re not only helping yourself but you’re helping other people as well. May peace and serenity be with you on your journey in sobriety.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Leslie. I’m so sorry for your loss. I find it very difficult to cope with the anniversaries of both my parents death. I can imagine how hard it is for you dealing with your brother’s. Be kind to yourself and feel the emotions. Sometimes a long cry helps me or beating up a pillow to release anger. Do whatever it is that helps you to get it out. Bottling it up only makes it worse. Keeping you in my prayers during this tough time. :pray: :two_hearts: :hugs:

5 Likes

Hi. I lost my brother last September so can imagine a little of what you are going through although everyone’s pain is unique. Im so sorry for your loss. Everyone here is super friendly and welcoming. Stay strong.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome @Chicky31 .
Feel free to share with us publicly or privately your stories whenever you feel like you are ready. I can relate to your story as I lost my brother in the past and the negative feelings and guilt are still with me. Im here if you need to talk.
Peace.

1 Like

Welcome to the group, this is a strong and very supportive group. We are all here to help each other xx

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. Take whatever time you need to share or not. It’s not a race, it’s a journey, and your journey won’t necessarily be the same as someone else’s. Just know that there are a lot of people who care about helping others in their journey.

1 Like