I keep relapsing!

Hi guys. I keep relapsing. I can’t go more than 3 days without a drink. Hellllllpppppp :weary:

2 Likes

This is another forum I copied and pasted. I thought these were great tips and they might help you.

Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques
Advice & Questions
1 / 12

MissQuinn
Regular
Mar 17
Hello everyone!
I’m seeing a lot of new faces on here! Welcome! One question comes up so often that we need a thread dedicated to it: How do I get through the first few days after quitting drinking?

I have listed a few tips and tricks that I have used. Please feel free to add any strategies that have helped you manage the intensity of the first few days. We’re in this together! Stay strong everyone!

1.) Stay busy! Distract your mind from the cravings. I’ve found that cleaning/organizing can be a great way to be productive during this time.
2.) Write it out! Either in a journal or on the forum - get those emotions out.
3.) Music! Blast it - sing it - dance it out.
4.) Exercise! Even if you just go for a brisk walk. Getting your blood flowing and some endorphins kicking can work wonders.
5.) De-stress! Take a long shower or bath. (Ladies - I find that washing my hair can really help to elevate my mood)
6.) Trick your brain! Have a substitute beverage ready. I like to drink sparkling water out of a wine glass or iced tea out of a pilsner. Sparkling cider is awesome too because you can still pop a bottle. Same actions - minus the alcohol. This is especially helpful for daily drinkers. raises hand
7.) Get some support! Talk it out on the forum or go to a meeting. Sometimes you need someone in the moment. We are here!
8.) Get rid of all the alcohol in your house! I know you don’t want to - I know it seems wasteful. IT’S NOT. You are saving yourself! Throw that ish away! Do it! You’ll thank me later.

4 Likes

6 Likes

:disappointed::cry: I’m so sorry. The first week is the absolute worst, if you can make it over the 4 to 5 day mark it gets easier. Try the tips that @Don mentioned before my post. If you need someone to talk to you can message me. :blush: hugs.

1 Like

The first 2 weeks are a battle…after you get past that part you tend to have more motivation to keep pushing…it’s all up to you and only you and yours…but your not alone in the battle…keep your self busy that’s how I made it through that phase keep ya chin up

3 Likes

Thank you! A support system would be awesome.

1 Like

Be willing to do something different if you truly want to stay sober. Start by getting to meetings near you and meet new people and get involved. Nobody can do it for you it’s a decision every day you have to make and there is meetings every day all times of the day. Get to atleast one a day and if you need to bc your obsessing over alcohol go to even 2 one day if you need it. You will find help your looking for there.

2 Likes

@Fancy
Your not alone. I am hungover and feel like crap today. Very disappointed with myself, but gonna keep trying to get sober. Just keep trying! Dont give up!

1 Like

Do! Trying is not DOING! ONE MUST DO! It’s your life you’re fighting for! I love you and you’re worth it! Big hugs.

3 Likes

We can do it. We can’t give up. I had to reset my clock, but it’s not going to stop me from trying again. We can and will be successful. I hate hangovers.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s my first time back on this forum since the day i posted it. I’m at 24 hours so far.

4 Likes

Me too! I’m hungover as heck today, now I’m at a point where I can’t stop drinking but I also can’t drink like I used to without getting sick. It’s a bad spot to be in. Wish you the best in your effort!

1 Like