I know I'm doing it Wrong...But it feels Right

Today, I have been 25 Days Free of powder cocaine. I started this drug 13 years ago. I decided that I did not want to come into a year year with this terrible drug so I stopped before the new year began so it wouldn’t be so hard to stop at the beginning of the year. Most days I don’t even think about it. The daily cravings have gotten easier over time. But today, I thought to myself…“Why not get a bag?”. I quickly reminded myself of the reasons I should not! The first thing I did was started breathing in and out to remind myself of how much easier it is to breathe without my nose being stopped up! Then I thought about how I would feel in the morning, irritated and the depressed of throwing away 25 days of Freedom! I am far from perfect!! They’re have been times that I have gotten pills as a way to fight off the intense cravings. I tell myself as long as I don’t do cocaine…I’m winning!! I still have a long way to go. But I am so Proud of myself for coming this far.

6 Likes

You should be proud! You played the tape all the way through and realized it wasn’t worth it. I used to use other drugs when I couldn’t get my DOC, and justified it but it’s all the same! Keep it up

1 Like

Awesome! You’re doing great!

1 Like

I go through the same self talk of why it’s not worth it with my DOC being alcohol. I’m 46 days sober and feel sooo much better physically and mentally. Keep up the good work, you are worth it!

2 Likes