I’m back . . . third time lucky 🍀

I’m back for the third time. Previously I’ve wanted to manage my alcohol intake or take time out. This time I want and ready to live my life alcohol free. It’s no longer my friend! I attended my best friends husbands funeral yesterday. He passed away from alcohol withdrawal after developing a stomach ulcer which burst causing internal bleeding. He suffered an horrendous death, and leaves behind three young children. I cannot and will not allow myself to put my children through that, my heart is broken :broken_heart:

13 Likes

Welcome back. I am sorry about your friend. You are wise to work toward a healthier life.

1 Like

Welcome back. I’m so sorry about the tragedy you witnessed but I’m glad you’re using it as motivation to better you and your families future. Check out the podcast Huberman Lab, specifically the episode about alcohols effect on the mind and body. Pretty amazing episode that he put together and very eye opening. I wish you luck and look forward to seeing your progress post.

1 Like

I’m glad you’ve made it back to us!

It’s an exciting journey and I’m glad to hear you’re aboard!

1 Like

Welcome back. I went to a friends funeral a month ago. He was 51. Had everything. At 51 he even had a six pack stomach. But he drank to much that lead to a fatal stroke. So use your friend’s husband as motivation. Reality works.

My MD told me simply if I stop drinking I go from one of his high risk patients to one of his most healthy. Pretty easy guess what I chose to do

1 Like

Welcome back! I’m sorry about your friend. This journey is hard but together we are stronger :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like