I’m done with this ce

Next time skip the golf, or skip the club after.

Tell your golfing buddies that you are not drinking and need their support. Buy a soda water.

4 Likes

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

Everyone in here is trying to help. We can’t help if you won’t first help yourself.

3 Likes

Yes!
There just isn’t enough tough love on here anymore.
I don’t come on to often these days but I love when I see people telling it how it is.

@Zach2 unfortunately until you put in the work and stop having pity parties you won’t get sober. I will be honest it doesn’t sound like you want to quit drinking.
I too used to make excuses. I would try to quit instead something would make me tho of drinking and I would never take blame myself.
It was always because of this or that.
It took me over 10 years of “trying” to finally get it to stick.
It took someone telling me about myself to even start thinking about it.
This thread has been up for what a month or 2 and you haven’t tried any of the things people have told you that have worked for them

But here’s my plan for sobriety
Wake up, don’t drink
Keep busy and don’t drink
Go to bed sober

Literally not drinking is fairly easy it’s the continuing to not drink that gets tough then even that will eventually get easy.

Work, draw, read, walk do things you enjoy doing.
When you start thinking about alcohol in that romantic way we alcoholics do. Remember all the bad that has happened while drinking or because of drinking. Think of all the things that could go wrong if you pick up that drink.
Play the tape all the way through not just to the point of having fun

10 Likes

For me it wasn’t even fun no more for at least a decade. Maybe two. I was just an addict with a habit. I knew it too for some years. When I finally took control of my life and took responsibility for my actions it clicked and it wasn’t even that hard to quit and stay quit too. Mindset is all.

6 Likes

In my opinion, the first step is acknowledging and admitting you have a problem, which it sounds like you have. The second part is to actually believe you have a problem and want to change it. You can admit that you have a problem all you want, but until you actually believe it and come to terms with it, you’ll never be ready to truly do the work to fix the problem. Nothing worth having in life comes easy. It takes willpower, sacrifice, and LOTS of work. But the end result to the finer things in life is always much more beautiful and worth every bit of the work you had to put into it to get there.

Pick yourself back up, brush your shoulders off, and keep working on yourself. Even if not for you at first, do it for your kids. They deserve the very best version of you that you can give them.

3 Likes

What do you think, Zac? I want you do to it for you AND your family. They deserve the very best dad and husband.
It’s hard to think of doing some things without drinking; it’s been ingrained in our lifestyle since we’re young. I want you to get it, to really get it. Drinking=nothing good. Looks like fun and maybe is but only for normal drinkers. Trust me, I’ve done all the research! Seriously, please commit to putting it in your past. You won’t regret it, I promise!
:hugs:

:wink::point_up_2:

3 Likes

I called a counselor today. We are setting that up. I look forward to a better version of me. Just trying to get there any way I can.

5 Likes

Some of us had to lose alot or all of the wonderful things we were blessed with before we woke up. For me it was great jobs and that landed myself and household into financial ruin and also ending up in a hospital bed with tubes coming out of me. Please ! Don’t let this be you ! This addiction we have “Wants to kill us and does not give a damn how it does it or who else it hurts or kills in the process” This is Life or Death my friend. It may not be at that stage yet for you but I guarantee that it WILL get there eventually.

3 Likes

I use to say that. It was my excuse to drink. I deemed myself that person constitutionally incapable of being honest with
Myself. I told myself I was one of the unfortunates. I believed that lie for a long time. Your are still posting here so I believe you want to stop. You can do this. If I can you can. Trust me my brother when I tell you this.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind there are people here struggling. And I could be tough back. But I won’t. Illl keep struggling. Thanks.

1 Like

You don’t think I know what it’s like to struggle? I’ve gone through hell multiple times since I started my sobriety journey.
Cancer, abusive husband, losing just about everything in my life.
Yet the one thing I did was stop making excuses to get drunk.

If you wanted to do it you would. I get people slip all the time. They all have one thing in common the willpower to not not drink isn’t strong enough yet.

As I said if you are serious about wanting to get sober you will put in the work.
All I’ve seen from you is pity parties saying it wasn’t your fault. It was the golf clubs or this or that.
That’s not putting in the work.

2 Likes

All I’m saying is be mindful of what you say. You never know who you are talking to on here or what they are going through. Just be a kind person. You don’t have to be an asshole to get your point across

Ok well I’ll play your way.
You are right you will never get sober because everything and everyone is out to get you🤷🏽‍♀️

And that goes for everyone on here. Some of you are awesome. Some sobriety keyboard warriors. We are all in this. Good luck. To the rest of you. Well…. Fuck you

You won. I’m done with here. Thanks!!!

Why because you don’t want to hear the truth?
There is a whole month of people pleasing going on and telling you how to do it. Yet you have ignored them all.

5 Likes

Anyway people who like to throw pity parties are the main reason I don’t come on here often anymore.
I will celebrate my 5th full year of sobriety in a couple weeks.
Clearly I don’t know anything about it

7 Likes

Zach, don’t leave the forum because someone’s getting under your skin. There is a lot of good stuff on your thread here. Maybe try the “mute” option if it keeps you here. (Click on someone’s profile you can choose this.) Anyway, I wish you the best.

2 Likes

Where exactly did I berate you?

By telling you in my first message what it looks like?

Honestly I was nice in my message until you called me an asshole.

I’m here because I’ve been around for 5 years. I’ve helped plenty of people who were struggling. But if one doesn’t want help they will see it as someone talking down to them :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Zach, don’t leave. It’ll hurt no one but yourself. I was so happy to read you got a counseling session lined up! C’mon, just ignore who you don’t like, myself included, and get on with it. This is only about you.
Don’t leave!!

3 Likes