I’m finally proud to say, it’s my birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. 6 years sober. I don’t like making a big deal out of it. Cause in my family, if you aren’t doing drugs, you’re lame. You’re a p**sy. You’re a Debbie downer. You’re all of these things and more. Unless you ask my grandma or mom. They always tell me they’re glad that I’m out of the town that drug me to near death. They always tell me that they’re proud to see how far I’ve come. And it makes me happy. But it also makes me sad. Because it reminds me of everything I put them both through. All the money I stole. The countless nights they laid awake hoping and praying I was still alive. The pain I put them through shouldn’t be forgivable, but here I am. Being forgiven. Here I am being accepted for my mistakes. I’ve been blessed to be able to turn my life around. I’ve been blessed with these two amazing people that, through everything I’ve put them through, have found it in them to forgive me. They’ve become my biggest supporters and my best friends. I love them both dearly. And I’m finally proud to say, I am 6 years sober.

20 Likes

That is a big achievement and I am happy for yoy that you can share that with your mom and grandmom :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Congratulations!:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:
anniversary-6-6

1 Like

I love this so much, thank you for sharing! I’m so glad you have these supportive and loving relationships, it’s so important both for maintaining our sobriety and just to be able to live a happy life. Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!

1 Like

You are a precious living amends to those two ladies. Congrats on you sobriety!

2 Likes

6 years is awesome! Keep up the good fight!

1 Like

Happy Birthday!!!

1 Like

That is amazing!!! Congratulations on your 6 years of sobriety!! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you everyone. It hasn’t been easier, but I take it one day at a time. I’m glad I have these two people as my biggest supporters. And I’m glad I have all of you. I will say it’s been much easier since I’ve become more active in the community.