I’m new here and just wanted to introduce myself and say why I’m here

Hi My name is Taylor and I’m 27 years old my and I am an addict. I am addicted to opioids, benzodiazepines. my clean date is 02/14/22 I usually took my drugs IV. I started taking pills at 13 years old so I was using for a LONG time. In the 14 years that I’ve used I was only clean once for about 10 months when I was 19-20 while I was pregnant with my son. After I had him, I got out of control. getting pain meds after having him I couldn’t stop. I started doing everything 100x worse then I was i have been to detox quite a few times didn’t work for me, I was forced to go when I didn’t want too. I did go to methadone clinics on and off for 4 years. I did try a Suboxone program in 2020. It failed quickly and I was taking other drugs on top of those I didn’t take it seriously. Drug abuse got worse from there I started using IV more consistently…I did whatever I had to do to get my next fix. Things that now that I’m clean i can’t believe I even did those things… one day I couldn’t get my pills and I through a fit and did something unspeakable im so ashamed of it. But that day was 02/13/22 that day I checked myself into a hospital and got put on The cardiac floor for two days because I was so addicted to benzos I was taking 20 mg a day when I could get that much in a day so they had me there for two days because I have seizures without benzos and then after that they sent me down to the mental health part of the hospital I got my mental health meds right I was able to stay there for exactly a week detox the whole time I was there but I still was sick when I got out but I did get the meds that I needed and then they set me up with another Suboxone doctor the day that I was released and I have been on that program for 65 days now I believe and it’s working really well for me this time because I wanted it myself I checked myself into that hospital and needed to save myself because I was going to die and now I am on Suboxone not spending any money on any drugs not thinking about drugs as much I am also on another mixture of medication‘s like Zoloft and Lamictal and cardura and Clonopin. And yes I did say at one point leaving that hospital I am addicted to benzos but I know that I’m serious about seeing sober because I can hold onto a prescription of my Clonopin and not take more than prescribed during a day like my prescription will last me the whole month I am not abusing it whatsoever and I am not abusing the Suboxone whatsoever and I believe that Matt saves lives and it is sober because I’m not out here on the streets spending money trying to get whatever I can to chase that high and I knew when I left the hospital if I didn’t get on something the first thing I was going to do is want to use. So yeah now I’m doing really good and I’m super proud of myself and so is everyone around me.

18 Likes

Hi Taylor!!
Welcome. This is the greatest and most supportive place to be to stay sober. Everyone here has a different story and something you can learn from. I’m glad you were medically supervised for your withdrawal/detox. I hope you’re feeling better now. :heartbeat: Welcome again. I’m glad you’re here.

4 Likes

Thanks for your story, Taylor! I appreciate your honesty and encourage you to continue with the incredible progress you’ve been making!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m hoping to make friends because I literally have no one to talk too.

3 Likes

Welcome! This place got me sober when nothing else was working. So grateful for this place. Love that i can post 24 7, that got me through the first 2 weeks.

6 Likes

Hi Taylor! Welcome to the forum! :wave:t2:
Keep checking in with us! :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Hey @Taylorr :blush:

Welcome to the forum, I have no friends either, but I never feel alone when I spend time here, and being here has been very beneficial for my recovery. I hope it will help you too. Reads lots, and reach out when you’re struggling.

:blue_heart:

6 Likes

Hi :slightly_smiling_face: welcome to the community, thank you for sharing your story. Its lovely to hear your doing well.
Glad you found us here, theres plenty of support through the bad and good days, keep reaching out its nice you joined us.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and so proud of you! Thank you for sharing and I’m so happy you are doing so well. Getting off opioids and benzos is hard. You are amazng.

2 Likes

Hi Welcome! Sounds like you are doing great! You are at 2 months now! That is awesome.
This place is great. Lots of good people and advice here.

2 Likes

You’re Welcome. @Taylorr!

1 Like