I’m so depressed

Hey guys I haven’t been on here for a really long time. I got pregnant and I quit everything for my baby girl. Alcohol, cigarettes and all drugs. But lately I’ve been doing so bad. My daughter is 5 months old and I just feel like the worst mother in the world. I had stoped drinking for 5 days and I was doing good. But then my best friend who had moved away flew in and I gave myself the ok to drink. So I drank. And drank and drank. I’m so tired of being like this. It’s never just 1 drink, never. I get so drunk. I hate this and I feel so lost. Idk what to do anymore. It’s not even that I drink all the time, it’s about 3 times a week. And EVERYTIME I get wasted. I’m running here because it has helped motivate me befor. I’m sick of myself…

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat, my son is 14 and I feel like I’ve let him down since he was 4 months. You aren’t the worse mother, I know that its hard to think or feel that right now but your daughter is young and has her whole life ahead ! So you’re chosing the right time right now to be sober ! She won’t remember you being wasted. We all make mistakes, you still have her and wake up to her, everyday is a blessing❤ trust me its not a easy road but our children deserve the better us ! You got this

5 Likes

Also as mothers, we will ALWAYS doubt or question our parenting

2 Likes

@Andrea_Sapp, I am really feeling you on this one. I am a mom of 2, a teenager and a 4-year-old. I harbor a lot of guilt because my oldest was raised around her dad and I and all our friends drinking all the time. I promised myself with my second I would be different, keep it under control. But I wasn’t and didn’t - until now (knock on wood :crossed_fingers:). Now I take comfort in knowing that if there’s any emergency with my kids or another loved one, I can drive without worrying whether I’m sober enough or not. When my 4-year-old wakes in the night and morning, I can get up with her without still feeling half-drunk or hungover. I am much more present and patient. I have a lot of regrets, and I wouldn’t wish them on anyone. I read a couple books recently written by mothers who battled alcoholism, and they really resonated with me. “We Are the Luckiest” by Laura McKowen and “Bottled” by Dana Bowman. I know it’s hard to read with a little one but recommending anyway just in case. Anyway, don’t be too hard on yourself, you’re not alone! :yellow_heart:

2 Likes