I made 60 days

Literally didn’t think it was possible. All because my therapist said just try one day. *at first I laughed her off, because i just knew I’d be incapable of doing it. Only to shock the hell out of my self. The urges are a little less often, and thank you gosh the withdrawals are finally starting to subside. I feel like a whole new person. Sobriety cleared my mind. It’s rebuilding my relationships with my kids, my husband and my family. Some days I’m still super tempted to drink but I know how bad I’ll beat myself up to have to hit the reset button (although, it’s not the end of the world. And we just start over. ) I am so proud of this journey. Excited for what my future holds. Also shout out to my amazing husband who is the greatest support in the world. He threw me a happy 60 day date night. I’m on top of the world. My advice for those just getting on board, take it one day at a time and give yourself grace. It starts with 1 day and turns out to have 60+. Keep ya head up.

28 Likes

Great advice and good story! Thanks for sharing and well done on 60. Congrats!

1 Like

Well done and congratulations! :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Congratulations on 60 days!!!

That’s really wonderful, it really is exciting to get back to who we truly are! :clap:
Great hubby, too…

1 Like

Well written. Your mind is really clear.

Awesome share. Thank you so much. Your husband sounds like a gem as well. Have a great weekend!

1 Like

That’s fantastic, well done!!

I’m also on day 60. Congratulations, its a great feeling.

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful number! Congrats to you on this milestone…this victory! I am looking forward to joining your ranks! Until congrats, stay safe…be blessed! :clap::clap::clap::raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Congrats :heart:

1 Like

It really is

2 Likes