I made a mistake...(no relapse)

Great read!! So so true.

The only person u should compare yourself to is yourself yesterday no one else can compare to the beauty that u have there’s only one you and ur unique in every way don’t forget that. Be kind to urself take ya self out for a meal u deserve it x

1 Like

Awesome blog @MelB :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for sharing

@anon2074485 you sound pretty cool to me.

1 Like

Thank you guys for cheering me up, feeling better already today :heart:

8 Likes

Here is my thing… Do I want a partner, kids, vacations, all those things other have? Yeah, I do. Am I glad I don’t have the crazy pressure that comes with those things while I try to find myself? Oh hell yes! I could not do this any other way than I am right now.

Someone said to me the other day, “when you find that perfect person and everything comes together…” I literally shuddered at the thought. I want that, some day. Sure as shit not today. I don’t want to give up my reading time. I don’t want to give up my computer time. I don’t want someone else to expect me to be what they want or need. Not right now. I’m still growing and maturing and figuring this life shit out. And when I do have those things, it won’t look anything like that “perfect” picture. It will look like my version.

Do I want this stuff? Yes! But right now I would just fuck that all up.

3 Likes

Also, I am one of those that is sooooo excited to see you back!

3 Likes

You are not seeing the whole picture, you can’t tell by my Facebook page that step kid quit college for heroin and went to prison and you can’t tell that she is 3 years sober.

Seriously though, check out these mega lemons from the tree across the street!!!

3 Likes

I have three close friends who are professional dance instructors. They compete in international competitions, write choreography for fabulous artists, are always posting shots of them looking skinny in airports clinking wine glasses, etc. I got close to them and realized that they are perfectly imperfect, just like all of us. They all take meds, go to therapy, they’re all fighting the same fight.

Their public facing profiles are advertising. The thought is that nobody wants to sign up for a dance class with an instructor who posts publicly about depression, struggles, or addiction, so they keep that content restricted.

When I was at my rock bottom I got a ton of texts and comments saying things like “omg girl I’m so happy to see you looking so relaxed and confident! You deserve this!”. Obvs, I was actually a trainwreck. What you see is what people want you to see, so remember you’re seeing filters.

That said, I have to work super hard to not compare myself to others constantly. It’s a process, keep at it.

5 Likes

5 Likes