I made it here

Rough couple of days but i got here, this means alot because its the longest ive gone in 5 years

33 Likes

Congrats! Thats a big milestone

2 Likes

Huge congratulations :confetti_ball: So proud of you!!!

2 Likes

Super proud of you @Starlight14 keep going!

2 Likes

Congrats @Starlight14 ! This is a huge milestone! Keep it going, it keeps getting better!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 90 days Kelly.
That’s a big deal!!
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Amazing! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone…ive worked so hard to get here
BUT …a comment from my mother last night has really knocked the wind out of my sails and i dont know what to do about it or how to feel better about it, last night when i said i was nipping to the store for a,b and c she said …are you sure thats ALL your going for?? ie was i going for alcohol?..doesnt seem much but its really hurt me…i feel really hurt and really angry…ive worked so hard to get here today and it should be a happy day for me but instead im fighting the tears and feel completely deflated

5 Likes

90 days is amazing !! Congratulations :dizzy::dizzy:

1 Like

Unfortunately i get similar reactions from my Mum when it comes to my sobriety.
Im sorry you has this experience, its best to not let it get to you because you know you are doing amazing :hugs:

My Mum tells everyone and even me that i started drinking a whole year before i actually did ! And she tells me and them that i just dont remember because i was drunk :laughing: i have to laugh at it now because she is so sure and wont believe me anyway so I won’t put the energy into it, i know when i starting drinking and what caused it.
It definitely hurts to think people still dont trust us sometimes but we know we are being true and honest to ourselves and when it comes down it to what they think cant matter because our sobriety needs us strong.

1 Like

Thank Twiz…its just makes me so angry that she does this when ive tried so hard…shel say that all she wants is for me to be sober yet doesnt see the blindingly obvious which is that she makes that one thing even harder for me with her hurtful comments…last night she said shes done nothing but support me…i bit my tongue…i do not understand how someone can be so deluded? I cant talk to her because she goes straight on the defence and acts like a child storming out of my house etc so ive just gotta suck it up

3 Likes

90 days! Amazing! :heart::sparkles: so proud of you.
I’m sorry your mom said those hurtful words to you, that was really unfair to you and all of the hard work you have put in.

2 Likes

I think we all grow/evolve at our own pace. When I hear a derogatory comment I think they’re still growing and are like children; as we may be teens or adults, comparatively speaking. Maybe we’ve been through a lot more and we know things they haven’t learned yet.
Idk if it makes sense written out, lol
People still piss me off but afterward I’ll think this, :point_up::wink:

3 Likes

Agreed, shes never been through any of the shit ive been through so doesnt get it…ironically it was her that allowed alot of the shit ive been through yet still thinks she can judge me and bring me down

2 Likes

What people say about (and to) you has a lot more to do with what is going on in their brains than it has to do with you. Stay your sober course and prove her wrong. It’s a hurtful comment and ultimately unhelpful but she probably doesn’t see that.

People who want to make you feel bad can only succeed if you let them get to you. You’ve made it 90 whole days! Keep that energy going and don’t let a careless comment take that happiness from you. Well done. :clap:t3::clap:t3:

4 Likes

Oh she wont shake my sobriety Emilie its mine and im happier for it, it just cuts that the one person in this world who should be the most supportive and there for me, isnt, im really angry

2 Likes

I definitely hear that. My Mom and I have a tricky relationship that needs some work too. We never really healed from my tumultuous teenage years and the more I talk about how those years were handled the more I recognize the roots of my addictive tendencies.

My Mom is getting older and can still say the most awful things that cut me right down to size. Not all family is supportive and honoring my boundaries causes me a lot of stress and guilt. I understand your anger.

3 Likes

Thank you for understanding, i know this anger isnt just about that one comment…im angry with her for so many reasons…that i was closer to my grandmother ( her mother) because she put men first, that she had an affair that ended her and my dads marriage then packed my brother and i off to live with my grand parents for 2 years while she ‘got sorted out’ with my stepdad, that she then allowed my stepdad to treat us horribly when we went back to live with her, that she kept me at arms length my whole life…ive always felt angry and hurt by her but when i had my daughter 5 years ago and the love i feel for her my anger toward her grew tenfold, how could she treat me like that?? My daughter is everything to me! im waiting for therapy for this and it cant come quickly enough

3 Likes

Therapy really helped me with my understanding of my relationship with my Mom. I learned that we can choose how much we interact with our family. My new boundaries sometimes make me feel like a bad daughter/sibling/friend but I am also more successful and less depressed than I have ever been and I think I was depressed for the majority of my life. I’m so sorry that I turned this around to talk about me but I feel better letting some of that out.
Thanks for listening friend. Do the work in therapy because your happiness is worth it. And super congrats on 90 days sober!!

2 Likes

Its good to hear that someone understands how i feel so im more than happy to hear your story, thank you :blush: when i was around 8 my dad stopped seeing my brother and i without explanation…since then ive had a broken heart and really im still just the little girl who wants daddy to come save her

3 Likes