I made it through temptation

Last night I was so close to relapsing, I even had contacted my dealer, my anxiety almost got the best of me, even my demons tried to tempt me but I am so happy that I did not relapse! I woke up feeling absolutely amazing and I know that each day is not going to be easy but the fact that I know that I have the willpower to fight Temptation makes me feel absolutely amazing and gives me the courage to keep my life clean.

15 Likes

That’s an awesome feeling. The same happened to me yesterday. My friend came over to swim and brought wine. Without hesitation I told her I’m not drinking I gave up alcohol. I even opened the bottle for her and poured her glass. It was way too close in my face for comfort. I’m making it a point to tell everyone now to not bring alcohol over. Best of luck to you today!

6 Likes

Awesome @Jashey_Aleman! :fireworks: I’m glad you fought temptation, keep going, one day at a time! In the last month of being sober, I had days where the temptation to use again was really high - I’m grateful for not giving in, because the worst of it passed in a couple of hours and afterwards I felt really happy with myself. I do hope that it gets easier as time passes…

4 Likes

Well done guys, i too love the feeling of fighting off temptations! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s the best !!! It’s winning a battle within yourself

1 Like

Great job, I was worried about you x

2 Likes

Thank you!!! I did great today compare to yesterday… my craving hit me but I ignored it. Baby steps!! Thanks again

Way to go @Jashey_Aleman!! That is some awesome work you did! I am super proud of what you were able to do. Give yourself a big pat on the back and thank your angels and higher power for giving you the nudge to resist your addiction. Keep up the good work :heart: