I made my 7 day mark

I made it a whole week. Health wise I am feeling much better. Only problem I seem to be having the most issues with is i am more short tempered and my anxiety level is high. I am trying listening to soothing music while I sleep and breathing exercises. But I am not going to give in to that craving or that voice that says “go ahead one drink is ok. It will mellow you out”

25 Likes

Congratulations! Good work! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I’m working on day 7 and my anxiety was terrible this week. When I thought about drinking it gave me even more anxiety thinking about what the next day would look like (even worse). My anxiety was actually keeping me in line and working for me lol. You can do this! I’ve found herbal tea, multivitamins and B12 help to balance me out a bit.

5 Likes

Congratulations on a week, that is huge! Those were the hardest days for me by far.

I also felt more anxious and was quicker to anger in those first few days but then I adjusted. A lot of it is because you’re learning how to process emotions sober and without the crutch of alcohol. It will get better with each day, just stay strong :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good job!!! It gets easier to tone that nasty tricky voice out the longer you go!

1 Like

Today is also day seven for me. Congratulations! It’s hard work, but worth it. Keep it up!

6 Likes

I just said that to someone; the next day is just not worth it!

2 Likes

Good on ya! Keep up the good work! Sometimes tensions run high especially after the first week. I know it took me months to get life balance back. Keep going. It’s SO worth it!

2 Likes

Try exercise maybe a walk not to far and build up walk a wee bit further each day i used to take my walkman (still have it lol) Giving my age away wish you well

2 Likes

Im nearly there. Few more days for me. Keep going!!

2 Likes

Today is my 7 day mark also. Congratulations! :smiley: :clap: :+1:
#OneDayAtATime

6 Likes

:sunglasses::blush::metal::grin:Well done. Im a day behind you!!

2 Likes

I just recently hit my 7 day mark as well. Congratulations. It feels good to see the counter still moving forward.

We are in this together!

3 Likes