I miss that feeling

I miss being on Xanax a lot. in this moment I would take any kind of drugs if I could.

1 Like

Stay strong. It’s not going to make anything go away. Your life can be better without that stuff.

1 Like

Ciao, amica @Paola_Sciuto!

I well remember the feeling of longing. During one period of sobriety, when I was taking Antabuse to stop me from drinking, I was on a business trip, walking around a strange city wondering where I could get some marijuana.

I experienced that feeling of longing as mourning for my good friend alcohol. I was able to trap that feeling in a compartment in my mind, so I felt the sadness but I was not compelled to act on it.

Benedizioni per la sua casa. :pray:

2 Likes

@Paola_Sciuto Hi Paola. It may not be the xanax or other drugs you miss, but rather the escape from reality. The problem with doing that is that when we return to reality, all of the problems and pain will not only still be there, they will be worse. So rather than trying to escape, try to focus on WHAT you are trying to escape from. It will allow you to use your clear mind and strength to make positive changes in your life. Be strong, seek out help, DON’T USE and good luck. If anything, just stay sober today. One day.

9 Likes