I missed it here

I don’t want to ruin anyone’s day with my problems again. There is so much going on in people’s lives right now it makes me feel so bad to bother them with more added stress. I can’t even tell my boyfriend of seven years that I’ve been drinking behind his back for the last couple months and it hurts me so much. I’m so selfish I feel like the worst person right now. But I need to take responsibility for my actions that’s why I’m posting here again. Even though I feel embarrassed to do so again because there are People on here that has made amazing progress. (I know I shouldn’t feel like that because you all are so supportive but it’s just what goes through my mind. But I need to hold myself reliable again.
It helped me in the past so let’s do this again
Day 1…

I stared drinking every day and I picked up another old enemy too because of it.
I didn’t even look at this app since quarantine started because I just didn’t want to be sober anymore but I’m back to my breaking point again which is alway going to happen until I stop… I need to do this again I can’t go on the way I’m feeling everyday Im so sick and I can’t get myself to tell anyone right now but it hurts so much

24 Likes

I’m glad you’re back Nikki… :slight_smile:

Welcome back @NikkiMoon. We can continue on this journey together. :heart:

That’s right. I call this the “merry-go-round”. The ride goes round and round. Whatever you are sitting on, goes up and down. The same tinny music plays over and over, and the scenery never changes.

We get on the ride, expecting a different experience from the last, but unsurprisingly, it’s the same ride over and over and over.

You never have to get on the merry-go-round ever again, if you choose to make it so.

6 Likes

I’m glad you’re here @NikkiMoon . You’re not ruining anybody’s day. We’re all happy you are here with us because there’s strength in numbers. We do it together and the more the better. Welcome back. Read and participate. Learn. Onwards and upwards towards a better sober and clean life. Success.

1 Like

So glad ur back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back! You can get there if you set your sights and push for it everyday, one day at a time!

1 Like

Thank you all so much
I finally got a good nights rest!! :pray::pray::pray:
My most missed activity. I never felt rested with drinking everyday.
So here’s to good rest :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m new here so I didn’t know you before, but welcome back! Stay strong.

2 Likes

Welcome back. Your post is what this place is here for. Reach out, get support, then support others. Maybe you’re on day one, but that means you haven’t given up. You can do this.

2 Likes

Welcome back, glad I read your post, what I seen in this post is your willingness to be honest with yourself. Thanks for sharing and showing others it’s not the end of the world if you drink it’s how you handle it after. If you ever need to just vent you can always send me a message. Have a good day and remember to breathe and relax your shoulders.

1 Like

It totally is a merry go round and nothing changes. I guess we have to decide when to get off the ride and move forward.
Life has a way of throwing lots at you or it’s just our current situation.
Sometimes I wish I was alone for a while in the middle no where just to get my head on straight.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words!! :pleading_face: It really helps so much.
I’m still pushing with the help of all of you

1 Like

How I wish I couldn’t do that to!!
Maybe in a middle of a forest at night and just reflecting at the stars and planets and see that there is much more to life then my addiction :two_hearts:

That’s the best thing about this site. We’ve all been right where you’re at. Getting sober is hard, we all need help. I don’t know anyone who’s been able to do it completely alone. You have to get to that point where enough is enough. Once you’re there you have a hard choice to make, to never touch alcohol again. But that can be daunting. Just start with today and worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Wishing you luck and success. Glad you’re here.

3 Likes