I need a program or something else to do!

Hi I am recently clean and home by myself all day I need to be in a program or be doing something else for recovery. Im in meetings virtually all day! But i need to be doing other things. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions?

5 Likes

Find a local recovery program? Definitely get you out of the house. I do AA, but there’s others too, some more than others. Talking with my recovery friends about dinner before our meeting tonight right now!

Maybe join some other healthy folks in a yoga class or something too? Good for the body, mind and soul. :pray:t3:

3 Likes

You know, everyone says that we need to get busy but in the beginning it’s so hard to get motivated. Everyone is different and have different interest but one thing that worked for me is going to garage sale and estate sales. I just bargain shopping for me. It was guitars and amplifiers and most of the time I didn’t find anything but you get to wander around and look at things and talk to people and I ended up landing a couple of good deals. Just a thought. Good luck! You can do it!

4 Likes

I go to AA meetings 3 times a week.
It’s a way to get out of the house, practice the sobriety journey and meet new people. I just had a Sunday breakfast with members of my Monday group, and it was fun.

4 Likes

Do u enjoy exercise? Maybe getting a gym membership could add some activity to ur day. Exercise has really helped me in my recovery. Are there any in person 12 step mtgs u could go to? Often times people will go for coffee etc afterwards. Or maybe theres a library in ur area that u can relax at, read some books etc. I also plan activities for the following day, the night before. Basically what i need to do for cleaning, any hobbies or other activities id like to do. Just to fill some time

2 Likes

All of what’s been mentioned but depending on how populated it is where you are located, the MeetUp app is fantastic to search for group gathers with a particular focus or hobby.

3 Likes

Plenty of programs out there wish you well

2 Likes

Na/aa in person meetings or you could go to an IOP Drug class in your area. Like I go to don dudlys it’s called advantage counseling where I’m from which is in Indiana. But they also have another type of app called “IN THE ROOMS” and that is also NA/AA meetings in there all day going on that people join with a main speaker and also have other types of meetings as well. Thought this might help here to chat anytime!!

1 Like

Using TS to the fullest will help, there are literally thousands of topics to choose from, some funny, some serious, use the search tool and look for meme wars which will bring a smile to your face :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Good stuff ty!

2 Likes

Im part of that website too this harvard institute is doing a study n they gave me $30 gift card to answer survey. The next survey i take in 30 days is gonna give me $50 n 30 more days $70 gift card but its a good meeting site i like alanon meetings. But ty

1 Like

What is ts? Lol :person_raising_hand::point_left:new member

I Wanna do the gift card study where do u sign up for that at ?

They got ahold of me but I can give you their info

1 Like

TS=Talking Sober (this forum)

1 Like

What’s their email address

Even if it’s not AA meetings look into groups you can join. Maybe there’s local clubs around you.

I go to church every Sunday, so that fills in my empty void and we do lots of activities together outside of religion so it gives me things to look forward to…

Maybe there’s a woman’s club around you, a knitting club, a book club, bike clubs. Look into rec centres where you can maybe work out with people or do weekly yoga. Really so much we can all do in this small world , find what relates to you and your interests and something that’s reasonable with your schedule.

3 Likes