I need friends and support

I like what @Conor689908 said; you’ll know when you’re ready to. And also about going to meetings outside of your district. I worked with deputies a long time ago; there was a few that were sober and it wasn’t a secret. I think it’s a personal decision for sure, but it’s not the end all… it’s you doing what’s best for YOU… You’re important and nobody’s opinion means anything in the big picture~! Ask for help here or just vent; there’s always someone here. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you. I would definately tell,my family but i would lose everything, my kids, husband, everything. As i mentioned we all have a story, mine was me getting help 3 years ago, went 2000 miles away to wi for 3 months and it was my last chance to save what I had. I had surgery August 2018, charts show narcotic abuse per my request, they gave me iv medicine but nothing to go home, ended up with an infection, open wound, appts 3x a week, got 1 script cause the pain was bad. Then March 2020 I had a full hysterectomy due to pain amd ando and pain management isnt an option, well they gave me medicine after I made it known I had history. Then about 2 weeks ago I had another minor procedure and got medicine for 2 weeks when I realized enough is enough. This isn’t who I want to be. Its time to go cold turkey and be the best me,for my kids and husband. Let alone. Me.

1 Like

Glad your still at least trying after a relapse. I’ve tried to quit drinking over and over and I usually relapse on day 2. So I understand the feeling. I’ve only gotten on this app a day ago and have already recieved so much support! You’ve got this , were all in it together !:heart:

2 Likes

That’s alot to go through; I hope your body heals quickly… and I admire your perseverance. I’m sure you know about zoom meetings too; you can go on anytime, there’s usually one going on somewhere. You can keep your camera and/or mike off too…
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I just went in last night and I did keep them both off. Just wanted to take it all on and listen for the first time

2 Likes

There’s also lots to listen to on youtube and podcasts… there’s a thread here somewhere with more information I think. I sometimes go to youtube and just type in sobriety; although I do like to listen to famous people at meetings… :slight_smile: I can’t even imagine how hard it was for them to get sober!

2 Likes

How do I find out about zoom meetings, i need a sponsor or someone to help. As I said to say is day 2 i want to give up, heart racing, knees and lega hurts and a fog, will i feel substantially better,tomorrow? I work tomorrow and have lab class Tuesday. Ive done Motrin and Tylenol, omega 3, calcium, mag zinc mix and vitamin c. Drinking tons of water and eating a little

1 Like

I’m here, day one for me… yet again. If you ever want to talk let me know!

1 Like

Problem here is it’s kinda giving yourself an open door to do it again.
It’s one thing asking and getting support here when you are hiding things from your RL support network.
You gotta do what you feel is best for yourself however.
Stay strong and remember today.

1 Like

@Conor689908 can you share zoom information here, please?

1 Like

If you just go onto google and type in aa meetings wherever you live a schedule should come up saying whether it’s in person or zoom then you just copy the meeting number paste it on zoom and they let you in !!

1 Like

Thank you… I’ll have to figure that out, lol

I’m not sure how to transfer those threads…:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Thank you so much

Im,pretty proud of myself. I managed to do dishes, go grocery shopping, and making dinner for 7 men on my husband’s squad. While having a racing heart, my legs hurt so bad, and in a fog

2 Likes

Good morning. Today is day 3 and i feel okay so far, slept really good too. Woke up maybe 3 x

2 Likes

Well done! Just keep doing what you are doing!
One step at a time.

I’m late to this thread, but I’ve read it all and I wanted to tell you to hang in there. I understand the struggle of whether or not to tell family. For me, I have hinted at it with them, but I don’t feel like I can have a sit down. You will figure out what is right for you, but I hope that you will find the advice of people here to be helpful and that you will find the support you need here to help you get where you want to be in your life. Hang in there.

1 Like

Today is really hard. Sweats. Anxiety like I have bugs in my skin i had labs for my nursing today and took vitamins, cbd oil and prayed. UA Friday for clinicals

2 Likes

Hydrate well and eat healthy.
Keep going!