I need help and motivation

Was off the drink 7 days was feeling great then i had a drink which lead to another drink im sick of this need some motivation and support

6 Likes

Hello Macy…

Here’s a few things that keep me on this road to recovery…

Im an addict that one substance will never be one time, I’ll always want more!

Thou you may not see the effects the poison you are pumping into your body is slowly killing you…

You deserve to be substance free, you are worth it.

Don’t stop trying… It may feel like failures but they aren’t they are learning curves to help you through your journey.

Keep coming to this little community read others stories, absorb them and let their life stories encourage you to keep going.

6 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to respond i know i can do it I’ve just got to focus and i will take your tip its just a bump on the road to where i want to be and i will do it

2 Likes

This is just one probable diagnosis of your problem.

AA / The Doctor’s Opinion

They are restless, irritable and discontented, unless they can again experience the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks—drinks which they see others taking with impunity.

After they have succumbed to the desire again, as so many do, and the phenomenon of craving develops, they pass through the well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again.

This is repeated over and over, and unless this person can experience an entire psychic change there is very little hope of his recovery.

On the other hand—and strange as this may seem to those who do not understand—once a psychic change has occurred, the very same person who seemed doomed, who had so many problems he despaired of ever solving them, suddenly finds himself easily able to control his desire for alcohol, the only effort necessary being that required to follow a few simple rules.

3 Likes

Every day Mu, but the meetings alone won’t keep me sober, I need a personal relationship with God to keep me sober.

Meetings give moral support, and for finding sponsors, or in my case finding sponsees, oh yes and for signing court cards

1 Like

Hello. Many of us have been where you are. For me the following helped: 1) I took the saying, “drinking is simply no an option” to heart. It was my Mantra. 2) I was active on here. 3) I read every thread on here. 4) when I craved, I got on here and talked about it. 5) started a program of recovery.

1 Like

Hi Macy2020!!

As soon as you feel the need or desire to drink again, come straight on here and reach out! It has been my saving grace on a number of occasions. These amazing guys and gals have really saved me from myself and given me the strength and motivation to push through and understand the cravings without giving in to them. Their comments and words of wisdom have realy helped me understand and put my addiction in to perspective. I realise now I am not alone, and neither are you, we are all just the same. Together we are stronger!! Xxx :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks i really needed to hear that ,im ready to do it this time ,why is it when you let alcohol take over your life you notice it everywhere tv ,shops ,people talking about getting a drink its everywhere, coming on here when i get that urge is really going to help i just cant wait to build my sober days up i already feel less anxious that this morning hopefully things will only get better and this place really helps

2 Likes

No but coming on here has helped me alot already but im willing to accept all the help i can get

3 Likes