I need help is my first day

I need help is my first day
I feel very bad, yesterday I drank more than the excess I always say that I will leave it but I can not, I always say it will only be 2 beers at the end I take 15 or more…
I have a panic attack … I don’t know what to do :frowning:

7 Likes

Hi @Rtb
Welcome to the forum. You’ve made your first step by coming here. It’s a great place for guidance, motivation and people who are all on the same journey.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome! For right now drink lots and lots of water :sweat_drops: and then drink a little bit more. Make sure you are getting enough rest too. Don’t tackle anything stressful right now and take it easy if you can. Put good food in your body. You need fuel. You will most likely feel really bad for a few days. It will pass! Keep reading here and reach out when you need to. You’re making the right choice to stop.

1 Like

thank you very much it is a relief to know that I am not alone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re definitely not alone! I’m on day 57 and I still remember that first week. I seriously took it one day at a time. Told myself every morning that I just wouldn’t drink for that day. I’ve been to a few AA meetings too and recommend trying one out if you can. Everyone there is so incredibly helpful and kind.

2 Likes

thank you very much I will try to find one in my city

1 Like

Just hang in there. This is common for everyone. Get through the first few days the anxiety will ease up. What you don’t want to do when that happens is hit the bottle again. It’s a vicious cycle. We are here for you!

3 Likes

thank you very much the truth I feel a little better, read everyone’s support

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome,
Congratulations with your first day sober, may many follow. Your definitely not alone, we’re all around the globe here and all addicted to something :hugs:
My doc is alcohol and one year sober now.
I’m here since my day 1 and it really helps me a lot. You have to do it yourself, but not alone!

4 Likes

Thanks you a very much for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!
The panic attack is the alcohol leaving your body.
Please eat proteïne it helps
And check out the 30 day experiment from annie grace
Nakes mind.
Free and so good
You are not alone!
X

1 Like

thank you very much for the support you make me feel better

Hang in there. Its my first day to. I have spent the last hour justifying why I can have one. I can hear my kids playing in the next room and I keep telling myself it will be nice putting them to bed vs drinking to much and falling asleep on the coach.

1 Like

Hey Now…welcome. stay hydrated. Drink water with lemons if you can. Stay busy…make a meeting if you can. Each day gets easier that much I can tell you for sure. Hang in there. If you choose… you never have to feel like shit again.

2 Likes

Thanks Jack

1 Like

Thanks very much for you support

1 Like

Being present has been amazing… and being able to remember all that I talk to my husband about or do during the evening has been worth it. Oh course I’m only on day 3 (I thought it was only day 2 but obviously I csnt do math)…

1 Like

Hang in ther Sir! Im on Day 10 (not my 1st time) The beer is my deal as well. Your words are literally describing ME. Stay focused, rest and exhale. :muscle:

1 Like

Try a meeting they will help and make it easier wish you well

2 Likes