I need help with marijuana

I want to quit marijuana. When I smoke I tell myself I have quit but once I wake in the morning the first thing I think of is smoking. I don’t feel comfortable under my own skin without smoking. I dont remember the last time I went 2 days without it. I need help😔

1 Like

Go to a doctor. They have medication that will help you before you leave the office. Go right now if you’re serious.

2 Likes

Good call.

1 Like

What type of medication?

No I do not

You have some type ER near?

No problem.
In a pinch a US licensed doctor can prescribe you ANYTHING to get you over the hump. Xanax, oxy, darvon, morphine, he has his entire prescription arsenal. I don’t know what the ones for actual dependence are, maybe someone could help with specifics on that. I don’t know anything about other countries, but see a personal physician if you have one. Also, any ER in the US should do a three day detox, just walk in.

1 Like

Now that I think about it. One could buy a round trip ticket to California, go to Er with a fake name, detox for three days then go home. Just game the system and let the government pay for it.

I wouldn’t recommend benzos as treatment for MJ addiction but if they are very anxious it might help.

Look into MA meetings near you. They even have some online and througb zoom. Try to distract yourself when sober. Hang out with friends/family that can keep you calm and distracted from smoking. Cry it out if you need to. Drink lots of water, and calming teas. Maybe try CBD to wean off if you really need it. Melatonin can help for those sleepless nights. If you feel anxious, use a cold compress or ice pack and apply it to your chest where your vagus nerve is (middle of chest) this should relieve some anxiety. Breathe slowly. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

1 Like