I need help with this problem

Iiv just come to terms that I’m an alcoholic and many say that’s the first step is realising.
I’m so Down and can’t seem to stay away from it…
I just need someone who’s knows what I’m going threw,
I hope to hear from someone on here who can relate and help me

3 Likes

welcome and here you are now trying to find a solution so well done for making the first move. There is not a person on here who doesn’t know how you feel right now bc we all start where you are. Keep reading and you’ll find things you can relate to and the things we all did to get through certain situations. reach out when times get hard and we’ll try and get you through them but rule number 1- Don’t think beyond today, all you have to do at the beginning is get to the end of today any how possible, if it’s hurting its working, the easy solution is to cave in but we don’t do easy we do sorting my life out shit. So I wish you well on your journey. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back…
All I need atm is someone who understands.
Iv been reading alot on this and some people’s situations are very similar to mine…
It’s hard atm with everything going on,
My meetings are canceled because of this virus and no1 understands how hard it is if they haven’t been threw it themselfs.
I’m embarrassed to admit it but things need to change for my kids sake and partner.

1 Like

Welcome! I am Scott, and I am an alcoholic. The strongest thing I have ever done was admit that I am powerless with alcohol and that I need help. This is a great first step!

2 Likes

I can give you 24 hour zoom codes and links if your interested.

1 Like

Yes please that would help alot.
I live in Northern Ireland and its hard to find help over here

1 Like

Hi Scott.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
It’s been going on for years but I didn’t think or believe I’d ever say those words out loud.
I just hope it’s the start of something better for me. I don’t like the person I am with alcohol or either does anyone else.

1 Like

https://www.aahomegroup.org/
or

personally AA HOMEGROUP. ORG is good for 24 help and listening but road to recovery on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday is solution solution solution.

3 Likes

This won’t be easy and everyone will have their own way of doing things but take what you need and leave the rest.
We were given 2 eyes 2 ears but only one mouth and that’s so we can watch more listen more and speak less.

3 Likes

This is great!!! Thanks so much

2 Likes

Hi @Simonkyle

I too had the same problems as you 2.5 years ago. My wife didnt like me. She hadnt threatened to leave yet but I could see it coming. My sixteen your old daughter couldnt stand to be around me. Finally my four year old son who just wanted a dad who would play with him

I think you will find that everyone hear can relate to what you are going through. Our lives had or have become unmanageable due to drinking, drugs or other addictions. We knew we had to change because we didnt want to continue the way we were.

It starts with pledging to yourself everyday that you will not drink. Then doing whatever you have to so that you don’t drink.

For myself I found that reading everyday on this forum and participating when I can be helpful was one of the best ways for me to stay sober. I also read Allen Carr’s Stop Drinking Now.

Their are many other paths that people take. Therapy sessions with addiction counselors, AA,Rehab.

I think the more you surround yourself with other addicts you will find the best way that works for you. None the these I mentioned are a magic pill but they have helped me at the times I struggled most.

1 Like

Hi Simon . Good that you are reaching out. I am also from Northern Ireland . The zoom codes that @Dolse71 has given will be of great help if you are open to listening. The Road to recovery meetings on Tuesday Friday and Sunday are definitely the best I have found. It’s a real meeting taking place in Plymouth and you watch it over zoom. It’s very real very encouraging and you will definitely see yourself in someone’s story. Give it a go you’ve nothing to lose . Well done for coming on here. You will find loads of support :blush:

3 Likes